What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am hearing that BA has his/he's/heez eyes on someone who played on Wednesday night for an outside back role with us next year - same "mystery player" I mentioned earlier this year before we snapped up Jenko.

Interesting, thought our backs looked pretty settled.

Wonder if his plan is for French to fullback, Gutherson to centre and moving Taka to edge forward. Then the mystery back takes the empty place.

Taka potentially gives us more strike on the edges and Gutherson is probably wasted on the wing as he gets more experience.

Scott then moves to the middle, Moeroa to prop.

Interestingly times .....

emjaycee

Coach
Interesting, thought our backs looked pretty settled.

Wonder if his plan is for French to fullback, Gutherson to centre and moving Taka to edge forward. Then the mystery back takes the empty place.

Taka potentially gives us more strike on the edges and Gutherson is probably wasted on the wing as he gets more experience.

Scott then moves to the middle, Moeroa to prop.

Interestingly times .....

Well assuming Foran comes good and we don't resign Norman could see:
1. French
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Taka/Gutho
5. Mystery
6. Gutho/Taka
7. Foran

2 big wingers to share kick returns with Bevan when needed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Has to be Dylan Walker, his value would have dropped so much om Wednesday night that even we could afford him

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well assuming Foran comes good and we don't resign Norman could see:
1. French
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Taka/Gutho
5. Mystery
6. Gutho/Taka
7. Foran

2 big wingers to share kick returns with Bevan when needed.
Taka or Guth to 6?? Really???

Front row stocks look thin and Kaysa is the only dummy half signed up beyond this year. Spending big money on a winger doesn't make much sense to me.

emjaycee

Coach
Taka or Guth to 6?? Really???

Front row stocks look thin and Kaysa is the only dummy half signed up beyond this year. Spending big money on a winger doesn't make much sense to me.

Regarding signing Mansour, I didn't say I agree with it - just what I heard :D

IIR Gutho played at 6 in the lower grades/juniors and to he honest, I think we will re-sign Norman anyway.

I was just speculating based on current signings for 2017 and shit we are hearing, like Norman contract offer withdrawn, Mansour rumour, etc.

And doesn't mean we don't/aren't looking for forwards too.

Avenger

Immortal

IIR Gutho played at 6 in the lower grades/juniors and to he honest, I think we will re-sign Norman anyway.

I was just speculating based on current signings for 2017 and shit we are hearing, like Norman contract offer withdrawn, Mansour rumour, etc.

What have you heard about Hayne?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing clear - I just get a wry smile whenever I ask.

Sgt-Schultz2.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
This is what I think not what I've heard but I reckon there is more chance of Norman staying than Foran in the long term.

Parraren

Bench
Norman will be here next year.

Can't see BA starting from scratch again with our halves.

He'd want to build on what we started this year before the mess.

We need a 1, 9 and 8.

A creative 1 and 9 is what was really lacking this year (Gordon, Peats) and I'm sure the master plan was always to replace those players in the spine next year anyway, at least one of them. Can we afford to replace them now? Dunno.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Fair enough mate, and cheers for the info.

Kornstar

Coach
This is what I think not what I've heard but I reckon there is more chance of Norman staying than Foran in the long term.

Foran certainly has some shit to sort out off the field before next year.

These issues haven't really seemed to affect him on the field so he shows incredible mental strength when he runs out onto the field but off the field he appears to have some serious issues!

I'm annoyed at the circus that has followed him at such a shit time for the club but I'm not sure he's a bad singing as yet. It is not his fault that he just got a season ending injury.

Parraren

Bench

Same mate.

I'm worried about Foran.

Norman will be here 100%.

My gut says the plane will be here too.

emjaycee

Coach

Yeah, I know where you are coming from, but I think unless Foran gets either de-registered or has a bigger breakdown mentally then he has to date (heaven forbid for the man), he is BA's type of player so I don't see BA letting him go early.

Norman on the other hand has displayed some public dickhead behaviour which BA seems to have a shorter fuse on accepting.

Time will tell and isn't it just grand being a Parra supporter along for the unknown ride ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With wingers like Radradra and Mansour would we even need front rowers?
:lol: Do wingers defend in the middle as well???

Mansour is a top winger and would be fantastic but I'd rather we spend the money on a decent nine and bolster up our front row. You think it's wise spending so much on wingers when other areas of the team are weak???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol: Do wingers defend in the middle as well???

We have plenty of good defensive forwards already - look at our points against. Now Paulo is gone De Gois is our only weak link.

Mansour is a top winger and would be fantastic but I'd rather we spend the money on a decent nine and bolster up our front row. You think it's wise spending so much on wingers when other areas of the team are weak???

You know I'm not a fan of overspending on outside backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.