What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

amitropo

Juniors
How can a player respect his coach when within 2 weeks goes against one of his first statements when he joined the club.

I understand he has a contract.
But he was also offered one and then withdrawn.
" we don't think you that good. If we have any money left over after signing our stars we'll keep you. Otherwise good bye"

He has all rights to walk after that.

It's not as though they haven't offered him a contract and he has to honor it till the end.
Any person of employment would walk if their employer had acted in the same way

Last edited:
How can a player respect his coach when within 2 weeks goes against one of his first statements when he joined the club.

I understand he has a contract.
But he was also offered one and then withdrawn.
" we don't think you that good. If we have any money left over after signing our stars we'll keep you. Otherwise good bye"

He has all rights to walk after that.

It's not as though they haven't offered him a contract and he has to honor it till the end.
Any person of employment would walk if their employer had acted in the same way

They didn't withdraw his contract for 2017. Just because a club decide that they may not want you for next year doesn't mean that you shouldn't honour your current deal. Wests are well within their rights to ask to play on.

Moses had the opportunity to accept the offers that were on the table earlier. He decided not to. A club doesn't have to keep an offer on the table for ever....particularly when they need to estimate what they've got left to spend on other key players.

Bazal

Post Whore
Something will give with Moses. He'll either get the release when Brooks is back and has a few games under his belt or finish the year in reserve grade IMO. Personally I've always said if I were in that situation as a coach I'd let the merkins go. No point having a bloke who doesn't want to be there, I don't think NRL players would deliberately play shit (bar a few merkins) but a guy who couldn't care less is hardly going to win you many tough games. We saw that with Moses even yesterday tbh.

I also think the Tigers are as much at fault as Manager Moses in the whole situation. They basically told him he was worth a million to them, then changed their minds and said he was worth nothing to them until Woods and Tedesco signed....