What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Some reporter on Fox Sports is outside where the meeting of NRL club chiefs is happening right now said the Eels are one of 5 clubs pushing for an increased cap for next season as we have already overspent..

Surely this guy has no clue, I don't imagine for one minute Gurr & Max would allow us to have spent more than we had confirmed available

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You sure?

I'm sure I saw on there the other day that we blitzed it in 1968 when the comp moved to a summer competition and we won the premiership in that memorable grand final against the now defunct Belrose Roofracks team.... good times.....
Remember when we got on the sauce with @parra pete after the game and he stripped down to his jocks and dived into the Parramatta River?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Some reporter on Fox Sports is outside where the meeting of NRL club chiefs is happening right now said the Eels are one of 5 clubs pushing for an increased cap for next season as we have already overspent..

Surely this guy has no clue, I don't imagine for one minute Gurr & Max would allow us to have spent more than we had confirmed available

That's weird. 3 months ago we were reported to be $3 million under for next year. We officially sign Evans, and Moses then re-sign King and now we're over?

#Overs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What I'm saying is that you can't say our recruitment has been the least impressive. Of course the tigers and newy have had large numbers of players coming in. They have largely been shit this year. We are obviously being very strategic and filling holes with the players we want, not just any players that are available. I'm not disagreeing with you about what we need, but we also aren't desperate. Don't forget Moses coming early too.
We have retained almost our entire squad bar Radradra. The Storm, Broncos and Roosters are all losing more valuable players than just a winger.

Gronk

Staff member
The team who has the least impressive recruitment so far is Parra by a long margin. Evans doesn't exactly fill me with a lot of excitement and Meehan is very much a WIP. Lets hope the cap starts to bite a few clubs and we have plenty of cap to fill. Imo need at least another good big prop, two would be even better.

2017 fringe Top 4 team on the rise retains their entire squad until 2019.

#crisis

Bazal

Post Whore

#crisis

Glen is a death rider. We could sign Smith and Cronk and he'd be all "they're too old" and "we don't need a halfback we need big fat slugs of props like Canberra because they're so successful".....

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

#crisis

As well as signing the type of player they need as part of their forward pack.

What is the coach even thinking? We need someone who makes 5 runs a game and maybe 8 tackles. As long as they're big, sweaty and fat that's all that counts.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Glen is a death rider. We could sign Smith and Cronk and he'd be all "they're too old" and "we don't need a halfback we need big fat slugs of props like Canberra because they're so successful".....

We could sign the Australian team and he'd complain because we didn't get JT3, Paulo and Taylor.

Latest posts