What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelpout

Juniors
What is wrong with Normy with ball in hand at the moment? He is consistently not hitting the right man by not playing what is in front of him. This is a complete 180 of the player he is. That said, his defence for a half is first class.

Also, did he get hooked for nagging at the refs?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What is wrong with Normy with ball in hand at the moment? He is consistently not hitting the right man by not playing what is in front of him. This is a complete 180 of the player he is. That said, his defence for a half is first class.

I think he was injured.

As for hitting the right man, his big plays have tailed off but he is often the merkin giving the ball to Moses.

parra pete

Referee
Thats how homosexuality started

A Greek and an Italian were sitting in a coffee shop one afternoon discussing who had the superior culture.
Over triple lattes the Greek guy says, "Well, we have the Parthenon."
Arching his eyebrows, the Italian replies, "We have the Coliseum."
The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics."
The Italian, nodding agreement, says, "But we built the Roman Empire."
And so on and so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion.
With a flourish of finality he says, "We invented sex!"
The Italian replies, "That is true, but it was the Italians who introduced it to women."

Eelpout

Juniors
I think he was injured.

As for hitting the right man, his big plays have tailed off but he is often the merkin giving the ball to Moses.

All the plays that are run from right to left typically involve a forward who fends it off to Moses and then to Normy. The role of the first two is to hold the inside defenders and essentially distribute, whereas in these plays the ball is close to the line when Norman receives it, and his decision making is important. Not only have I noticed his decision making on hitting either Manu, Taka or Semi has been a problem but his pass, run and kick options.

Whatever is going on, and I don't think it is much (whether it's standing a foot deeper or to the side in these set plays for example) but we need him to step it up, and step it up quick because our plays running to that side almost take up just as much possession as the other and in big games we will need them converted into points.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We seem like we're trying to set Norman up on a long side, like we've done for a few years now. So we're not completely symmetrical. There just doesn't seem to ever be much on out on the left. Norman is running a fair bit more than Moses, but you're right, he is often receiving the ball with defenders all over him and his supports.

A win is a win & ill take that. But we seemed a little lethargic again in the middle (No Punch) I don't know if that is because we started Mannah & Alvaro who I personally believe are very similar players. A few weeks back playing the broncos our forwards where outstanding, We dominated everything. Simply were ran harder & tackled harder & our discipline was good. Since then we have made a lot of unforced errors, given teams a lot of penalties & had a few sup standard performances. Newcastle took full advantage of that & we are just lucky the Titans are in a bad place cause we gave them every opportunity to stay in the game.
Fingers crossed our boys can put in another courageous effort next week playing Brisbane in Brisbane & we get some momentum & confidence leading into the semifinals & we secure a top 4 spot.

strider

Post Whore
We seem like we're trying to set Norman up on a long side, like we've done for a few years now. So we're not completely symmetrical. There just doesn't seem to ever be much on out on the left. Norman is running a fair bit more than Moses, but you're right, he is often receiving the ball with defenders all over him and his supports.
Normy doesnt have superstar, and rammys all time favourite, Tepai running outside him

Glenneel

Bench
You're not a glass half full chap are you, Gleneel? :)

I agree, though, about the need for a big prop or 2. But they need to be good, not just serviceable.
That is why I put the word 'good' before big prop. We need forwards who have a history of being better than average or appear to have plenty of upside (like Meehan). However the squad needs balance between experience and youth. No good have a forward pack full of inexperienced players, like the Knights, otherwise you get inconsistent performances.

Glenneel

Bench
A win is a win & ill take that. But we seemed a little lethargic again in the middle (No Punch) I don't know if that is because we started Mannah & Alvaro who I personally believe are very similar players. A few weeks back playing the broncos our forwards where outstanding, We dominated everything. Simply were ran harder & tackled harder & our discipline was good. Since then we have made a lot of unforced errors, given teams a lot of penalties & had a few sup standard performances. Newcastle took full advantage of that & we are just lucky the Titans are in a bad place cause we gave them every opportunity to stay in the game.
Fingers crossed our boys can put in another courageous effort next week playing Brisbane in Brisbane & we get some momentum & confidence leading into the semifinals & we secure a top 4 spot.
Trouble is at Suncorp all teams play against 14 players, the Broncos team and the refs who always heavily favour them. I'm positive they're NRLs love child.

Glenneel

Bench
Glen is a death rider. We could sign Smith and Cronk and he'd be all "they're too old" and "we don't need a halfback we need big fat slugs of props like Canberra because they're so successful".....
Bazal you're looking for an argument again but to what end I don't know. Putting words into my mouth I never said, but I did want that fat slug Vaughan! And stating the obvious is not death riding anybody.
A few years ago I did want Evans but the last 2 years he has dropped off, hopefully BA will get him back to his former self. Anything I said there is death riding anybody?

hindy111

Post Whore

Mannah was ok last night.
Id prefer him and Terepo starting with Alvaro and Matagi from bench. Vae will struggle to get back in team due to defense. And W.Smith is handy incase we lose a half,hooker or fullback.

IFR33K

Coach
Id prefer him and Terepo starting with Alvaro and Matagi from bench. Vae will struggle to get back in team due to defense. And W.Smith is handy incase we lose a half,hooker or fullback.

After watching the fresh price last night, I think he may be wasted at hooker. Certainly look elusive at stages last night.

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching the fresh price last night, I think he may be wasted at hooker. Certainly look elusive at stages last night.

At Penrith he showed glimpses of dazzling play. That was at fullback. Very dangerous. His problem was he would have the odd shocker of a game. And drop 3 bombs with no pressure and then be rag dolled to easily. He does look to have put on some beef since then. And seems a little safer.

forward pass

Coach

He is excellent in set play situations - performs his role perfectly every time. It is when he receives the ball without a set play planned that he seems to get a bit bit lost. If he is unsure, he should just run - always.

Stevie

Bench

You know what, I completely agree with you. Mannah (very reliable) and Terepo (hi impact, not scared of the early big collisions) with Alvaro and Matagi off the bench. Matagi I think is much better suited off the bench and Alvaro just keeps improving.

On a side note, Alvaro has done some things recently that have really surprised me with his dominant strength.

Kornstar

Coach
At Penrith he showed glimpses of dazzling play. That was at fullback. Very dangerous. His problem was he would have the odd shocker of a game. And drop 3 bombs with no pressure and then be rag dolled to easily. He does look to have put on some beef since then. And seems a little safer.

That is my biggest fear and why i am not entirely confident with him at the back. He looks shaky under the high ball and a team like the Broncos will exploit that.

Latest posts