What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stagger eel

Staff member
OK, trivia time. Can you name the year Kenny Edwards debuted for the Eels, the opponent, and the score? Best answer gets 1000 points.

V Newcastle last round 2013

Newcastle won by a 1000

It's also Uelesi's only NRL game .

Daniel Harrison played Ishtar centre

We were beyond shit

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But how do you know he wouldn't or couldn't have the workrate of those guys?
There's very few guys who are great at everything, so by the time they make first grade players are in their 'natural' positions. Outside backs need agility and speed off the mark far more than they need stamina, so they will be selected for those traits. So it's possible that Auva'a could have the endurance to play closer to the middle but it's unlikely. His speed would also be wasted there.

There's very few guys who are great at everything, so by the time they make first grade players are in their 'natural' positions. Outside backs need agility and speed off the mark far more than they need stamina, so they will be selected for those traits. So it's possible that Auva'a could have the endurance to play closer to the middle but it's unlikely. His speed would also be wasted there.
But there are obviously players who evolve. Luke Lewis and Beau Scott for example. John Folau has been moved recently. So I know it's unlikely but it does happen sometimes, and I just thought of it because I don't think he'll ever be outstanding in the backs. And speed still has some benefits even for forwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say Lewis and Scott were already endurance athletes (much like Gutherson), so when they slowed down it was natural they moved into the forwards. Neither Lewis nor Scott was especially explosive as outside backs either. I reckon Auva'a is still very much an outside back, though he lacks experience on the wing.

I'd say Lewis and Scott were already endurance athletes (much like Gutherson), so when they slowed down it was natural they moved into the forwards. Neither Lewis nor Scott was especially explosive as outside backs either. I reckon Auva'a is still very much an outside back, though he lacks experience on the wing.
Didn't Lewis move into the forwards before he lost his speed? He's still reasonably fast now and he's pushing 50. Auva'a just seems a little one-dimensional for a good centre and perhaps a bit cumbersome to be a good winger.

Delboy

First Grade
The strange thing was, as stupid as Greenberg was, Rothfield made him look like a Mensa candidate

How does someone so stupid comment on the game, his most passionate questions always revolve around the Sharks, then he mumbles about the other issues, he is such a bellend

strider

Post Whore
The participation rates thing was a masterclass in waffling and deflecting.
Hell yeah ... womens and touch footy participation is up .... ummmm, compared to zero

What will help the crowds stop falling .... the government building stadiums .... really? thats our only strategy? ... nothing else the nrl can do? - just wait for the govt to spend money? ... people used to sit in dirt and get splinters in their bums - but they turned up in bigger numbers

lucablight

First Grade
Todd Greeburg is genuinely clueless

On nrl360 - his answers are just dumb .... he is just a politician who waffles crap and deflects

I remember when he was at the Bulldogs he gave the impression of someone who was in control and knew what he was doing. When he started running the NRL we've had no finalised salary cap going into next season, awful scheduling of games (e.g 6pm Fridays), poor refereeing and a drop in crowd attendances. He's awful.