What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Used to be rare that an 18 year old (Salmon played SG Ball this year as well as NYC) signed past his NYC eligibility. Obviously the NYC is gone but the rule should still apply. I reckon this represents massive faith in the kid. The fact he was announced officially by the club is unprecedented (or I just have a shit memory).

He also might be on some (relatively) stupid money in at least the final year of his contract. I’m talking top 17 money.
Does top 17 matter anymore?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It does when you're talking about money. If a dude's in the top 17 paid players in the team you'd be hoping he's good enough to be an automatic selection each week.

Chipmunk

Coach
Used to be rare that an 18 year old (Salmon played SG Ball this year as well as NYC) signed past his NYC eligibility. Obviously the NYC is gone but the rule should still apply. I reckon this represents massive faith in the kid. The fact he was announced officially by the club is unprecedented (or I just have a shit memory).

He also might be on some (relatively) stupid money in at least the final year of his contract. I’m talking top 17 money.

We announced French if I recall.

84 Baby

Referee
GL suprised me. His height is a massive issue for first grade.
Matt Utai proved it’s not impossible. In fact barring contesting one of our own attacking bombs and maybe less wingspan to make tackles I don’t see it being an issue. There are better ways to defend bombs then outleaping a guy who has a 10m run up

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Matt Utai proved it’s not impossible. In fact barring contesting one of our own attacking bombs and maybe less wingspan to make tackles I don’t see it being an issue. There are better ways to defend bombs then outleaping a guy who has a 10m run up

He is powerfull and has good feet.
I do thi nk of guys like Fabian Goodal who also used brut power in under 20s.And washed up as nothing.

Stevie

Bench
GL has much better footwork than Goodall and Lavaka. Doesn't always use brute strength to beat his opposite.

So whats his deal this year? He is training with the first grade squad for the first time this year? Is that correct?
Then start the year in Wenty?
The only games I saw this year he was being wasted in the young fellas comp. I look forward to see how he goes playing against men. He sure has some nice footwork.

Stevie

Bench
That's Ray Stone bloke is the other goer, very impressed with how well he defends. The other one was a talk lanky centre, interesting to see him when he fills out a bit. He looks a bit like a Daniel Tupou from memory.

hindy111

Post Whore
GL has much better footwork than Goodall and Lavaka. Doesn't always use brute strength to beat his opposite.

First graders wont grab at him like squatting flies.
Fairly sure you where one of the GOODAL AND LAVAKA are going to be destined for first grade promoters.
Sure he may, but I see a lot of his strengths not being existant in first grade so then you look at his weakness.
There seems a few.