What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I know I thought Widdop was the bloke we should of been chasing, Moses I was unsure about mainly his defence.

Once again BA has made a fool of me.
My thoughts exactly. Widdop would have been outstanding as well. Moses probably has a greater ceiling though and of cause younger.
BA knows his stuff. Evans, on his initial game, appears another BA masterstroke.

hindy111

Post Whore
My thoughts exactly. Widdop would have been outstanding as well. Moses probably has a greater ceiling though and of cause younger.
BA knows his stuff. Evans, on his initial game, appears another BA masterstroke.

Evans i doubt was cheap though so it's hard to call a masterstroke isnt it?
Id say pick ups like W.Smith and turning him into what he has become is more impressive.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

He obviously isn't on a minimum contract or even a "Nathan Brown" contract but I doubt he is on huge money.

I say once the season is over what we paid for Evans (guessing between $300-$400k) will be considered great value.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
My guess is high 300s...
I expect quite a good forward for that tbh

With the cap now $9 million or so, the average wage is $300k (with a 30 man squad). Obviously plenty of players are on more and less.

However it does indicate a definite top 17 player would probably be on something around that amount.

Evans isnt a fringe player, I say he is a good quality NRL player.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id say pick ups like W.Smith and turning him into what he has become is more impressive.
Cost is relative. If BA can get more out of Evans than what hes paid then Id suggest its a very shrewed investment. Regardless Evans was what we desperately needed yet he was hardly utilised by The Chooks and there wernt media reports of a biding war. Do you think BA would pay overs?
Plenty a costly investment has ended badly. Hayne to Titans for one. Foran to EELS is another.
I cant argue with pick ups like Smith and co but they didnt get the result last season. Its all part of the puzzle to allow money for when that season changing player comes along.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Brooks had more LBAs.

*mic drop*
WTF merkin? According to whom?

The NRL site has Brooks with 5 LBAs and 9 try assists in 17 appearances
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/wests-tigers/luke-brooks/

Moses has 16 LBAs and 11 try assists in 26 appearances.
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/eels/mitchell-moses/

Fox sports stats are similar.

Make sure you understand before going off half cocked and trying to correct merkins.

#prematuremicdrop

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
WTF merkin? According to whom?

The NRL site has Brooks with 5 LBAs and 9 try assists in 17 appearances
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/wests-tigers/luke-brooks/

Moses has 16 LBAs and 11 try assists in 26 appearances.
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/eels/mitchell-moses/

Fox sports stats are similar.

Make sure you understand before going off half cocked and trying to correct merkins.

#prematuremicdrop
I’m talking about during their time together at the Tigers.

#PickYourf**kenMicBackUp

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’m talking about during their time together at the Tigers.

#PickYourf**kenMicBackUp
How can you dismiss over half a season of footy? Granted he was playing with different players at the Eels but you could argue that Brooks and Moses playing on either side of the field would be creating LBAs with separate players as well. Moses was also playing for a club that pretty much told him he wasn’t wanted. I’m sure that affected his form.