What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I disagree.
I think Dragon if lost Widdop would shell 650k for Norman and he is is worth that.I think Raiders would also have interest.
From what I read he is costing us around 900k. I highly doubt the Eels would let him go for less then 600k. One is they do not need too. His contract runs out end of season so it isnt a huge benfit to if paying to much to play elewhere.
If we did get 600k and have apparently 200k spare then there is money to spend if need be.

IFR33K

Coach
Priceline Parramatta would have to increase their stocks of hair product.

No by the way. Jeff Robson 2.0

Let’s assume BA’s job is on the line. What’s the best thing for him to do? Will offloading a half to blood a rookie (or sign another teams reject) save his career? Or would BA’s best asset right now be Mick Potter? Hope MP adds another dimension (or two) to the team and the eels have a strong 2019. I say the latter.

hindy111

Post Whore
Priceline Parramatta would have to increase their stocks of hair product.

No by the way. Jeff Robson 2.0

Agree he is the type of guy I can see being flushed out of NRL at anytime. Wont be suprised if doesnt play much NRL this season either

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No, clearly whatever I do have to say, you want to pull my post apart. Bit by bit. Not everyone’s post around here have to conform to your liking GG. Nor do I have have to justify myself each and every time.
Sorry mate. You just want to say stuff. That’s cool.

You want to believe Norman’s a premier half, good for you.

You want to believe Norman’s on unders, good for you too!

Stuff like this, that isn’t even remotely true. No worries. I won’t respond and ‘pick it apart’ if it upsets you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you not agree that it’s conceivable someone could get so drunk they have no recollection of how they got from bar stool to police cell? The only conscious thought that would have led to such circumstances is not flushing their car keys down the toilet whilst they still had some mental faculty to realise that they may get so drunk they do not regard any further action they take
In that hypothetical how could you say they thought they were ok though? They obviously didn’t think anything at all!

Avenger

Immortal
I disagree.
I think Dragon if lost Widdop would shell 650k for Norman and he is is worth that.I think Raiders would also have interest.
From what I read he is costing us around 900k. I highly doubt the Eels would let him go for less then 600k. One is they do not need too. His contract runs out end of season so it isnt a huge benfit to if paying to much to play elewhere.
If we did get 600k and have apparently 200k spare then there is money to spend if need be.
I'd only let him go at this stage if we used the money to buy a prop like Tapau.

84 Baby

Referee
In that hypothetical how could you say they thought they were ok though? They obviously didn’t think anything at all!
That was my point? You said he knew he was too drunk. You can’t know shit if you’re unconsciously drunk

And I was trying to be funny because others were just arguing with you, I think because basically you spoke but essentially I agreed with you other than this obscure pseudo philosophical point

Avenger

Immortal
Let’s assume BA’s job is on the line. What’s the best thing for him to do? Will offloading a half to blood a rookie (or sign another teams reject) save his career? Or would BA’s best asset right now be Mick Potter? Hope MP adds another dimension (or two) to the team and the eels have a strong 2019. I say the latter.
Great point actually. I've heard Potter is making a great impact and there have been observations about our lack of fitness and size in the forwards. Am I allowed to say that?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If you had a prang involving multiple cars and landed in your roof I seriously doubt you would’ve thought you’d be okay when you got behind the wheel.

From memory it was raining heavily that morning. Just like winning a premiership there's so many factors that go into having a crash. I'm sure there's drivers out there that could end up on their roof stone cold sober, you only have to drive through St Ives the Northern Beaches to see that.

IFR33K

Coach
Sorry mate. You just want to say stuff. That’s cool.

Stuff like this, that isn’t even remotely true. No worries. I won’t respond and ‘pick it apart’ if it upsets you.

The thread is rumours and stuff. Norman is currently on overs considering what’s he’s dished up the past 1.5 years. That’s also stuff.

Deal with it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The thread is rumours and stuff. Norman is currently on overs considering what’s he’s dished up the past 1.5 years. That’s also stuff.

Deal with it.
I agree with this and have not suggested anything to the contrary.

My original question was about the price of a quality half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was my point? You said he knew he was too drunk. You can’t know shit if you’re unconsciously drunk

And I was trying to be funny because others were just arguing with you, I think because essentially you spoke but essentially I agreed with you other than this obscure pseudo philosophical point
My point was that he wouldn’t have consciously thought he was back under the limit. I’ve said before (in relation to Tony Williams) that some blokes get so drunk they make shit decisions. Their only responsible choice is to never drink.

Maybe Salmon is one of these?

El Diablo

Post Whore
If Inglis has been hit with a 2 match ban from the NRL (which he will not miss an NRL game) for mid-range drink driving and speeding you couldn't think that Salmon could get any longer than that. Then again it is Greenberg and he will probably sit Jaeman out for the year.
DKEgZbbVoAAOL__.jpg

Last edited: