What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
If someone would take Moses of our hands I reckon we would jump at it.

There is no way we want that whiny little sook at our club.
It’s funny.... these are the exact sort of comments from Tiggers fans on the Tigpies forum prior to his departure in 2017!!! And eels fans were gloating about how it was the Tigers club that was on the nose, not Moses....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Possibly but you need to read my posts above Pou. I have once again made this thread active and relevant again. @Twizzle needs to send me my endor$ement cheque and allow me to post freely.

I have again shown that I am the backbone of this forum.

How did we ever survive without you or Chiefy ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s funny.... these are the exact sort of comments from Tiggers fans on the Tigpies forum prior to his departure in 2017!!! And eels fans were gloating about how it was the Tigers club that was on the nose, not Moses....
Well since he left them Moses has played in the finals and the Tigers haven’t.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NRL news: St George Illawarra Dragons set to sign Parramatta Eels star Corey Norman on three-year-deal
a9f78444697af4cd4cdc97c4361a5ebc

Corey Norman signs with the Dragons.Source: FOX SPORTS
THE Dragons are set to land one of the most significant signing coups of the off-season with Parramatta playmaker Corey Norman expected to sign a three-year deal in the Red V within the next 48 hours.

The move will strengthen the St George Illawarra roster immensely with the Red V set to have Ben Hunt, Gareth Widdop and Norman all sharing playmaking responsibilities.

Norman, 27, is expected to play fullback or five-eighth, which will throw up questions about current Dragons no.1 Matt Dufty.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/81877109f39ea0f02083ac94c43c3ba3

Stevie

Bench
#ignore @Gary Gutful
#ignore @Avenger

:) :)

My latest mail is:
1. Gutho
2. French
3. Mennings
4. Salmon or Parry
5. Ferguson
6. Moses
7. Brown

I know it is only early days in pre-season but this is what I am hearing may be the preferred back 7.

Thanks mate. It’s interesting that Gennings is not what you’re hearing considering he won Arthur’s personal award this year. I would have thought he’d be ahead of French.

Also, who is Parry? Can you shed light?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
so if rumours are correct that Norman is leaving we probably have freed up at least $500k.

What do we do with it? Re-sign players? Or target a player for 2019? What position?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Were eels fans going on the Tigers forum and doing that? If so, they are massive dickheads.

Avenger

Immortal
so if rumours are correct that Norman is leaving we probably have freed up at least $500k.

What do we do with it? Re-sign players? Or target a player for 2019? What position?
Imagine we sign Hayne. Wouldn’t put it past us. If I was in charge I’d sign Tapau or Segeyaro. Maybe leave it and give Brown and Gutherson an upgrade for 2019 to entice them to extend at a better rate.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thanks mate. It’s interesting that Gennings is not what you’re hearing considering he won Arthur’s personal award this year. I would have thought he’d be ahead of French.

Also, who is Parry? Can you shed light?

Parry is a centre/winger/fullback. 20 years old next year, has been training with the first grade squad in the pre-season. Approx 195cm and weighs 99kgs.

scores a hat-trick in this game

Bazal

Post Whore

Kodi Nikorima is supposedly on the nose at Brissie (and rightly so, mind you).

At this stage he'd fit a few bills, surely? Not the greatest in any position, but a useful enough halves option alongside someone who's steering the side instead of Big Mac Milford, and a zippy dummy half too. And could probably pick him up with the Broncos paying a bit of the freight.

EDIT That assumes that, say, Taupau isn't available...because let's be honest, he's been "shopping around" for about 15 months now and dick all has happened.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is Moses really that much on the outer with the players/squad?

He did go overseas with Mannah, Brown, Mennings, a fair bunch of our senior players. If he was that much on the outer not sure he wouId have gone.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon most of us have done shits that are more interesting than Chiefy.

Not a fair battle.
I’m up there. And much more witty than that dopey electrician who I recently put in the book and without doubt more exciting than the guy who does ‘exciting announcements.’

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kodi Nikorima is supposedly on the nose at Brissie (and rightly so, mind you).

At this stage he'd fit a few bills, surely? Not the greatest in any position, but a useful enough halves option alongside someone who's steering the side instead of Big Mac Milford, and a zippy dummy half too. And could probably pick him up with the Broncos paying a bit of the freight.

Do we really another half? Especially someone that’s fairly average. And if we need a hooker, I reckon Levi is a better target.