What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would they let NAS (who they just re-signed) go when they can easily shift the likes of Kasiano to more desperate clubs?
Depends how much they are over and what Fattyano is on. I heard he isn’t on a hell of a lot so getting rid of him may not help much.

Bazal

Post Whore
Depends how much they are over and what Fattyano is on. I heard he isn’t on a hell of a lot so getting rid of him may not help much.

True, but this is Melbourne.

They could move on Kasiano, Blair, Billy Walters and Tui Kamicamica and hey presto we are under the cap and we've just signed George Burgess for 2019 also

IFR33K

Coach
And once again is it entirely the fault of a forward looking for more work or the hooker, halves and coach???

In the trial game on Friday night Alvaro got tackled a lot in the red zone and a few times late in the tackle count. Is he selfish as well???

Not looking to blame anyone, just pointing out why Browns figures look so good.

Bazal

Post Whore
no harm in trying, money talks.

Well they need to give him permission to talk to us, or us permission to talk to him...it has to go through the Storm either way. And I can't see it happening.

They've got a bunch of blokes they could shift without really hurting their side, who would be useful to a lot of clubs. Guys like Kasiano, Vete, Cheyse Blair would make a lot of top 17s around the place

Bazal

Post Whore

On the flip side, while that run is definitely frustrating, does it really help his figures or hurt them? Barreling into the meat of the defence from 8m out isn't exactly great for the numbers

84 Baby

Referee
thats just poor coaching IMO and we did that all last year ran forwards on tackle 4 it's dumb.
Should we of run a block play instead?
Or put up a midfield bomb?

I'll defend Nrown. I don't remember him taking those tackles within the opp 20, not consistently at least.
I do remember him doing it within the halfway to opp 20m to get good play the ball, to give halves the room to get a good kick in. And by good kick, I mean an uncontested midfield bomb

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He makes a lot of tough runs when we really need them as well, not too many were complaining in 2017 when he played the same way. His figures may flatter him who knows?? All i know is our attack is as predictable as Pou following up a negative post about the club.

Bazal

Post Whore

I'll defend Nrown. I don't remember him taking those tackles within the opp 20, not consistently at least.
I do remember him doing it within the halfway to opp 20m to get good play the ball, to give halves the room to get a good kick in. And by good kick, I mean an uncontested midfield bomb

He definitely does it, although comparisons to Gallen are unfair because he doesn't do it that much.

I can even see why they do it. Brown is excellent at getting quick play the balls and runs hard, so he can theoretically commit four or five defenders and get a quick play the ball/penalty

Problem is theory isn't always reality. It's often an obvious play, and we seemingly forget that teams can basically get away with murder in a gang tackle on their own line

Alvaro and Mannah did it a lot last season so much so you would have to say it is coached into them.

IFR33K

Coach
On the flip side, while that run is definitely frustrating, does it really help his figures or hurt them? Barreling into the meat of the defence from 8m out isn't exactly great for the numbers

Doing it every 4th tackle and sometimes twice a set is bound to increase his meters.

84 Baby

Referee
Alvaro and Mannah did it a lot last season so much so you would have to say it is coached into them.
I wouldn't be blaming Alvaro & Mannah though (well you're blaming BA), it's the hooker/halves job to lead attack.
And to be honest I wouldn't blame the hooker either. He's probably making the right call given the alternative would be another block play

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Browns figures are good as he plays the most minutes out of our middle forwards probably because he is able to play the longer minutes without being a defensive liability.

I reckon he may play reduced minutes this because we will want Paulo to play more then 40 minutes (probably closer to 50 - 60 mins).

Additionally there is probably a good chance we will have 4 forwards on the bench this year (rather then 3 and a utility/ Hooker)

84 Baby

Referee
He definitely does it, although comparisons to Gallen are unfair because he doesn't do it that much.

I can even see why they do it. Brown is excellent at getting quick play the balls and runs hard, so he can theoretically commit four or five defenders and get a quick play the ball/penalty

Problem is theory isn't always reality. It's often an obvious play, and we seemingly forget that teams can basically get away with murder in a gang tackle on their own line
Yeah but a 4th tackle on the opp line isn't a settler. It's a poorly constructed (or well defended) attacking play

IFR33K

Coach
What’s everyone’s thoughts on gutho rejecting an offer to extend at the eels?

He’s a very solid player but having two knee reco’s in recent times, surely he’s taking some risks.