What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
No club would fancy their chances if they lost their first choice halves.

A quick glance at the premiers squad shows that, if they lost their three first choice halves (assuming in the example given of Taka and Smith starting we have lost at least Moses, Brown and Salmon for eg) their pairing would be no better.

Assuming the top 3 are Cronk, Keary and Lam, losing them leaves the Roosters with Brock Lamb at 7 and a random out of position bloke at 6. Probably Mitch Aubusson or Latrell Mitchell based on history, but maybe Craig Garvey or Victor Radley.

Apparently that's markedly better than our 4th and 5th string options?

Eels fans are dumb

Gazzamatta

Coach
No club would fancy their chances if they lost their first choice halves.
Absolutely. Maybe developing French in this position would give us an advantage. Couldnt hurt. Thankfully we have people paid to consider such situations and dont have to rely on short sighted supporters.

T.S Quint

Coach
To each his own I guess but if through injury we started Taka and Smith as halfs I wouldn't fancy our chances.
Gutho should stay FB and Salmon should be a starting center. French as an option at half appeals much more to me than swapping players or relying on Smith and Taka. Unlike last season, I believe we are better served having players retained in their best position and not being moved around. You dont improve a team by weakening one position to cover for another. Fingers crossed Drown and Moses stay healthy.

I would assume the first choice backup would be Gutherson, with French coming into the team at fullback. While the team is weakened, that’s what you have to deal with when you have injury.
Possibly Salmon might be first choice actually. Not sure about that, but those two would be the top two.
Smith and Taka are a ring down from them. It would take a lot of injuries to get to them playing in the halves long term, and at that point we wouldn’t be expected anything great from the team anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have a little lost boy from your neck of the woods. He answers to the name of Hindy. Please come and collect him.

Thanks.

Look I would like a 5yr deal. Oh sure why not. For me and my son. Oh and what about the guy who had 2 knee recos, plays centre and is 27yrs old. Sure he gets one too. LoL.
The DUKE has lost the plot. It is a club in crisis. How funny will it be when Ivan gets the Duke sacked. I bet this was part of Ivans 5yr plan. f**k off the DUKE. It is quite comical. Like a circus.

Eelogical

Referee
Look I would like a 5yr deal. Oh sure why not. For me and my son. Oh and what about the guy who had 2 knee recos, plays centre and is 27yrs old. Sure he gets one too. LoL.
The DUKE has lost the plot. It is a club in crisis. How funny will it be when Ivan gets the Duke sacked. I bet this was part of Ivans 5yr plan. f**k off the DUKE. It is quite comical. Like a circus.
I take it you're not welcome at Gus's place on Twister nights anymore.

Gazzamatta

Coach
But is Gus innocent? Have some of us been a bit hard on Gus not knowing all the facts?
Will Gus replace Bernie Gurr at the Mighty Eels?
I must say its a nice change that the latest drama isnt Parra related.

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
Yes his last name is that of a fish. So now we have to listen to fish jokes for how long exactly?
It's no more a joke than your imaginary long running mate Mick, or are you the only who thinks they have the right to determine what's funny or not? For the record, I rather like Mick.

Latest posts