What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nah if we change coaches we will never lose a game again.

Can you see us ever winning a comp with Brad Arthur in charge?? Simple yes or no answer will suffice. And if it is no why should we continue down this road for two further seasons??
I already said last year that we should replace BA because the time has come. I'm just realistic about what that replacement can bring.

Let's cut the whining for a second and be really f**ken clear here.

If winning the comp is what we are aiming for there are far more important things to focus on than our coach. There isn't a single coach that could take us to a premiership without significant changes.

Do you not agree? Surely you realise that?

Delboy

First Grade
Well, Gutho wants us to see him as a leader and a Parra man, all that fuss about BA sighing being important. Let's see what he and his nasty manager does, this could backfire easily on his reputation and even relationships with the fans.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Gutho & his merkin manager will reject our offer and deadline and go to the market.

Now wants $700k for 4 years.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-cl...the-mole/5322eea6-c8f9-42e4-9a99-b90f7b15c54b

Bye Clint, it’s been fun but your either a moron or been lead astray but your moron manager, which also makes you a moron...
From the same website.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/parram...rk-geyer/b7eaadef-0eb2-4efe-8dae-31ece4b796bc

I still think he will stay. Most looking at it objectively seem to have come down on the same side of the coin.

Incorrect

Coach
There were unsubstantiated reports that BA was on 1 million per year. Id be surprised if hes on anywhere near that with this new contract. Maybe bonuses built in for finals wins etc. I also reckon there would be kpi's he needs to achieve. 50% win record would have to be a minimum I would hope. This contract would be much tighter. Now days contracts mean shit. If this season deteoriates anything is possible and so it should. To all the wrist slashers out there id suggest BA will still need to perform or else. Repeats of Saturdays performance wont save BA contract or not.
If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say he'd be on 500K or less. I seem to recall figures of 350K or 400K a few years back when he was signing... His record this far doesn't warrant anything much further north of what he was on 2 or 3 years ago IMO

eels_fan

First Grade
From the same website.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/parram...rk-geyer/b7eaadef-0eb2-4efe-8dae-31ece4b796bc

I still think he will stay. Most looking at it objectively seem to have come down on the same side of the coin.

I was firmly on the side of belief that he would stay until his manager publicly criticised the club and management in the media last night saying that eels fans should be disappointed and angry with the club who are an embarrassment. If I was Gurr I wouldn’t be dealing with him or any of his clients again

Delboy

First Grade
Gazza, BA would have laughed at the story that he was on $1 million, I have known him for over 30 years and while he hasn't been out and about lately locally, I think you will find he was paid around 50% of that amount .

That amount was floated on nospam46 and got picked up by the usual media flogs.

hindy111

Post Whore
And Mr A will never speak unless he has something to say.

PS. Always reminds me of the Mr Ed song for some reason. Have a good day Gaz.

PPS. I pick up my Rolex today. :thumbsup:

One day I hope you crush him like a pissant and hurl him head first over the fence he sits on.

#luvugary

muznik

Juniors
Gutho & his merkin manager will reject our offer and deadline and go to the market.

Now wants $700k for 4 years.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-cl...the-mole/5322eea6-c8f9-42e4-9a99-b90f7b15c54b

Bye Clint, it’s been fun but your either a moron or been lead astray but your moron manager, which also makes you a moron...

Moley - " effectively throwing the star utility onto the open market "

WTF ? He has been on the open market for weeks/months hasn't he ??
How much longer can Ayoub get the media to believe his BS ?

I'm happy the Club is finally making a stand & not being held to ransom any longer.
It's what everyone has been crying for for about the last decade and when they finally make a stand the media & some fickle fans bash the Club.

Line in the sand - Take it or leave it. If Gutho goes, good luck to him but we will move on.
I'd much prefer he stay and earn a huge upgrade at the end of the 3 yrs but I understand he (& his manager) have to do what they thinks best for him. Its just that they are starting to look like fools bluffing that he will go elsewhere when Parra have always said that if he has another offer, show us and we may consider matching it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I already said last year that we should replace BA because the time has come. I'm just realistic about what that replacement can bring.

If winning the comp is what we are aiming for there are far more important things to focus on than our coach. There isn't a single coach that could take us to a premiership without significant changes.

So we shouldn’t aim at winning on comp??

Ok how about 1 win every 2 or 3 weeks?? That sounds exciting.

And we had a review mate everything should be awesome now.

hindy111

Post Whore

Let's take it one year at a time. If we didn't extend BA this season is derailed.
We give him 2 yrs. If we flop this year and not performing by rnd 12 next he gets terminated. Potter finished 2020 and a new coach 2021. Low risk tbh.Club might lose 500k.
Imagine rnd 15 comes along and we tell BA we not re signing. This year turns to shit and next year becomes a rebuilding year for the new coach.

T-Boon

Coach
Gazza, BA would have laughed at the story that he was on $1 million, I have known him for over 30 years and while he hasn't been out and about lately locally, I think you will find he was paid around 50% of that amount .

That amount was floated on nospam46 and got picked up by the usual media flogs.

Seriously, BA has been on 500K a year. For doing what?

hindy111

Post Whore
Let's say we bought in a new coach we would need to give him 3yrs. If he isn't performing year 1 or 2 it's a big payout.

BA has had one dreadfull year.
2014 was ok
2015 was f**ked by cockface leaving last minute and us playing 1 mill under cap.
2016 salary cap scandal ruined it.
2017 was excellent
2018 a disaster but lot of injuries also.
2019 who knows what lies ahead. I still think we can have a successful season tbh. And we have yet to field our best 17.

IFR33K

Coach
So we shouldn’t aim at winning on comp??

Ok how about 1 win every 2 or 3 weeks?? That sounds exciting.

And we had a review mate everything should be awesome now.

We should aim for stability mate. That’s where it’s at! And anything above s spoon.

Latest posts