What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
What do you think we are offering the Trbojević brothers ? I reckon we would need to give them both $1.2m to have any type of chance.

Parra_Eel

Juniors
What do you think we are offering the Trbojević brothers ? I reckon we would need to give them both $1.2m to have any type of chance.
I agree $1.2m. But maybe if we start winning away games we would get a chance at $1.05m. people play for money & yet people will take lower offer just to have a shot at the big cheese. I would rather stability over misery

Avenger

Immortal
I agree $1.2m. But maybe if we start winning away games we would get a chance at $1.05m. people play for money & yet people will take lower offer just to have a shot at the big cheese. I would rather stability over misery
No chance I can see it happening and acquiring both of them will destroy the balance of our squad.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No chance I can see it happening and acquiring both of them will destroy the balance of our squad.

I don’t think we need Tommy, we already have gutho as fullback but Jake wouId be perfect.

Probably need a 4 year $4million deal to make him really think about it.

I reckon the key to not stuffing our cap / balance is trying to get Mahoney/Drown on 3 or so year deals at a reasonable price (like 3 year $1million for drown, 3 year $600k for Mahoney) and hoping Stefo / kaufusi / stone can be top 17 players and not costing to much.

That would be potentially give us 4-5 top 17 players on unders / fairly cheap contracts, giving us flexibility to offer stupid money for Jake.

I reckon it’s worth the risk.

Avenger

Immortal
How many jobs are on the Northern Beaches ffs. One of the reasons it's nice to live there is because there's f**k all jobs. Most merkins who live there would work elsewhere in Sydney.
Not relevant here. They are employed to play footy. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the moon. And the Northern Beaches have a team.

#f**kwit

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not relevant here. They are employed to play footy. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the moon. And the Northern Beaches have a team.

#f**kwit
Gutho lives on the Northern Beaches and makes the trip each day. This article indicates Jake is only on $700k at the moment. You’d have to think Manly would struggle to offer too much more than that considering they’ll need to up Turbo’s $900k contract and they’re paying DCE squillions. If Jake wants the big bucks I reckon he might just have to look elsewhere.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...evic-for-next-four-years-20161008-grxzp7.html

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Gutho lives on the Northern Beaches and makes the trip each day. This article indicates Jake is only on $700k at the moment. You’d have to think Manly would struggle to offer too much more than that considering they’ll need to up Turbo’s $900k contract and they’re paying DCE squillions. If Jake wants the big bucks I reckon he might just have to look elsewhere.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...evic-for-next-four-years-20161008-grxzp7.html
My preference would be Jake. Tom, despite his class is surplus to our needs and is a little injury prone.

If we were to acquire Jake he would play prop as Nathan Brown for mine is every bit as good as him at lock.

84 Baby

Referee
My preference would be Jake. Tom, despite his class is surplus to our needs and is a little injury prone.

If we were to acquire Jake he would play prop as Nathan Brown for mine is every bit as good as him at lock.
A starting pack including Jake Tdsfedfecbtivic, Nrown and Junior would be very nice. All run and hit hard, have ball playing and offloading skills and huge motors.

Just quietly, how good was Paulo on Saturday?

Happy MEel

First Grade

Yep Jake is exactly what we need. I reckon Manly will be able to keep at least one of them so that will hopefully be Turbo.

I disagree re. Brown. He is quality but not in Jake’s league in defence or ball playing. I’d want Jake on the field for 80 minutes so I’d have Brown playing prop and bashing merkins for 30 minute stints and use Jake as a ball playing lock who would improve our middle defence tenfold.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Alvaro was beginning to be our version of Jake Trbojević but he couldn’t handle the extra weight. He has been a massive disappointment this season. I think he is UK bound.

It’s the right call to not re-sign Mau. I like what Marata is doing.

Happy MEel

First Grade
A starting pack including Jake Tdsfedfecbtivic, Nrown and Junior would be very nice. All run and hit hard, have ball playing and offloading skills and huge motors.

Just quietly, how good was Paulo on Saturday?
A 2021 side that looked something like this, we’d be serious contenders:

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Salmon
4. Blake
5. Sivo
6. Moses (I’d prefer Drown running the show and moses chiming in when he wants)
7. Drown
8. Paulo
9.Mahoney
10. Brown
11. Lane
12. Marata
13. Trbojevic

14. Schneider
15. Kaufusi
16. Utoikamanu
17. Mau/Stone/Faingaa

Interestingly, to make this a reality we’d only have to be smart with our re-signings and look at 2 external recruitments over the next year and a half.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Alvaro was beginning to be our version of Jake Trbojević but he couldn’t handle the extra weight. He has been a massive disappointment this season. I think he is UK bound.

It’s the right call to not re-sign Mau. I like what Marata is doing.
I think we can carry both Marata and Mau, particularly now that Mau is spending time in the middle.

Latest posts