What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I wonder if the whole "I want to go to the Tigers" request (even though it didn't eventuate) has seen his cards permanently, or at least till we have a stack of injuries? Maybe BA saw it as Tim having a sook when he got dropped.
Could be. If that's true I'd rather he have gone. If.

He's good enough to make the team and I hope he gets a send off. He deserves it. Anyone judging him from his last game for Wenty isn't being fair as he clearly copped a knock.

I hope he gets a go if he's the best option for the team. If we're out of the finals race, well, then they can pick Will Smith in the front row for all I care.

I hope he gets a go if he's the best option for the team. If we're out of the finals race, well, then they can pick Will Smith in the front row for all I care.
Same here but is he any worse than Gower or Evans? I don't think so. I actually think the best thing to do is give him a week or two off and bring him in fresh. The same for others in a similar position. Unless we have some obligation to Wenty.

Same here but is he any worse than Gower or Evans? I don't think so. I actually think the best thing to do is give him a week or two off and bring him in fresh. The same for others in a similar position. Unless we have some obligation to Wenty.

Both Gower and Evans are different styles of players (not necessarily better players than Mannah) and if that's what we need in terms of the balance of the 17 man game day squad, then that's who we pick. An injury or two and Mannah could be in the starting 13 though.

Both Gower and Evans are different styles of players (not necessarily better players than Mannah) and if that's what we need in terms of the balance of the 17 man game day squad, then that's who we pick. An injury or two and Mannah could be in the starting 13 though.
I get that but even though they're slightly different styles they're still the same position. I just hope that he's not selected on merit and not because someone can't swallow their pride. We're all human, even coaches.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not whether he's better or worse than Gower or Evans. The fact is the three are different from each other, and the two currently in first grade offer something Mannah doesn't.

That said, I feel Mannah would improve our defence, though his work rate is down this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As usual Barry said the same shit but better

Not when it could have an impact on your season
I agree. But I think if you look at it objectively you would probably find a way. Could be as simple as giving one of the favoured players a freshen up with a week off. Aren't teams always trying to lessen their load anyway? Obviously not Evans as he needs to be in constant play to get fit.

Noise

Coach
I agree. But I think if you look at it objectively you would probably find a way. Could be as simple as giving one of the favoured players a freshen up with a week off. Aren't teams always trying to lessen their load anyway? Obviously not Evans as he needs to be in constant play to get fit.
He can do a lap of honour and get a half time presentation at our final game against Manly.