What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Evenly was probably the wrong adverb anyway. What I meant was that there's an idea that for the Panthers to offload RCG they will have to pay the entirety of what the gaining club is unwilling to cover. I believe that would only be the case if the player demanded every last penny (from whichever club was willing to pay) in order to agree to change clubs.

So if RCG was on $3.5M over five years he could theoretically agree to a payout from the Panthers worth $500k, and then sign with the Eels for $2.5M over four years, forgoing the other half a million, but also coming off contract a year earlier.

Dunno why he would though. I wouldn't.

Depends long term and happiness.
If he gets playing well again and makes origin he can earn more money and also his next contract will be better.
125k drop a season is maybe to large.
Perhaps around 60k might make it happen.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah, I remember in recent times Aaron Woods was said to have lost money by moving from the dogs to the Sharks. And just a few weeks ago Josh Reynolds said he'd be prepared to lose money to change clubs. I never thought it was the case anyway. But there could be good reasons for taking a bit less to move, such as playing first grade and getting a better payday next time.

It's also the fact they aren't going from a wage of 75k to 50k which would be noticeable.
650k to 550k is a lot larger but living wise makes little difference. Still to big a gap to happen though. I reckon 60k is the mark

Gronk

Staff member
The Mole is throwing darts again.

EELS WEIGH-UP KOROISAU BID

Don't be surprised if the Eels put in a sneaky late bid for Manly hooker Api Koroisau.

The Sea Eagles gave the 26-year-old livewire permission to negotiate with rival clubs last week and the Bulldogs, Tigers and Warriors showed immediate interest.

But Parramatta are also believed to be about to make a bid for Koroisau - despite the good form of youngster Reed Mahoney.

Coach Brad Arthur is a big Mahoney fan - but Koroisau is among the best dummy-halves in the NRL and would give the Eels far more strike power around the rucks.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...koroisau/901df25c-5a7c-4964-8721-2234a9da7ddc

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ So we rest Reedy for 10 mins whilst Gutho darts about from dummy half OR we lose a pig off the bench in favour of a 2nd hooker.

giphy.gif

Chipmunk

Coach
^^^ So we rest Reedy for 10 mins whilst Gutho darts about from dummy half OR we lose a pig off the bench in favour of a 2nd hooker.

giphy.gif

That fourth forward seems like a waste of time. They appear to hardly get any real game time. Gutherson coming on really disjoints our attack.

Personally I think we'd be better off making Salmon our permanent 14. If he only plays 10 minutes each week, then so be it. He can also have a game at Wenty every few weeks if we play earlier in the weekend and they play Sundays. I'd also settle for Takairangi in the same role off the bench and maybe use Fergo at Fullback for 10 Minutes

Glenneel

Bench
I'd give the sport away if Evans was charged. Like it didn't even deserve a penalty. the NRL should be embarrassed.
No this is Parra, the NRL bends us over consistently and gives us a good reaming and we don't complain. No newspaper outrage over the multiple poor decisions we copped on Sunday unlike the rubbish with the warriors.

Gronk

Staff member
That fourth forward seems like a waste of time. They appear to hardly get any real game time. Gutherson coming on really disjoints our attack.

Personally I think we'd be better off making Salmon our permanent 14. If he only plays 10 minutes each week, then so be it. He can also have a game at Wenty every few weeks if we play earlier in the weekend and they play Sundays. I'd also settle for Takairangi in the same role off the bench and maybe use Fergo at Fullback for 10 Minutes
Fergo coming back will solve multiple problems for sure.

Glenneel

Bench
The Mole is throwing darts again.

EELS WEIGH-UP KOROISAU BID

Don't be surprised if the Eels put in a sneaky late bid for Manly hooker Api Koroisau.

The Sea Eagles gave the 26-year-old livewire permission to negotiate with rival clubs last week and the Bulldogs, Tigers and Warriors showed immediate interest.

But Parramatta are also believed to be about to make a bid for Koroisau - despite the good form of youngster Reed Mahoney.

Coach Brad Arthur is a big Mahoney fan - but Koroisau is among the best dummy-halves in the NRL and would give the Eels far more strike power around the rucks.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...koroisau/901df25c-5a7c-4964-8721-2234a9da7ddc
Good move which I've already mentioned earlier. Also make a move on either Curtis Scott or Jessie Ramian to fill Mennings centre spot (Knights will pay some of his pay). That would give us one of the more potent back lines of any club. Just leaves us to recruit 1 or 2 quality middle forwards and perhaps an edge forward and our roster will be complete and we should have the money to do this. Fix our defence and fix our other problems (leadership and handling problems) and suddenly a premiership window opens. This is exciting, come on 2020.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good move which I've already mentioned earlier. Also make a move on either Curtis Scott or Jessie Ramian to fill Mennings centre spot (Knights will pay some of his pay). That would give us one of the more potent back lines of any club. Just leaves us to recruit 1 or 2 quality middle forwards and perhaps an edge forward and our roster will be complete and we should have the money to do this. Fix our defence and fix our other problems (leadership and handling problems) and suddenly a premiership window opens. This is exciting, come on 2020.

Knights won’t be paying everything for Jesse to play with someone else

Gronk

Staff member

Emma Laurence said on 2MMM that Jessie signed very early with Knights. After that his form at the Sharks improved and his Dad called the Knights saying that they wanted more money. Knights told him to get f**ked. Jessie's Dad was pissed. Then Jessie finds himself on the right but Pearce and Ponga attack mostly on the left. Jessie is pissed and confronts the coach seeking early ball. Coach says we'll do our best. A few weeks later Jessie is still unhappy and Jessie's Dad is hanging around. Nek minute Knights coach finds out that Dad has been ringing other clubs asking if Sharks want him back and offering to others. Coach is over it. Rest is history.

84 Baby

Referee
Reckon Korisau will want too much dollars and would be waste of cap for 20 mins we need. We need Kevin Kingston

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like der. You needed to hear that discussed to be aware of it? It's bleeding obvious ffs! He could say pay me nothing if he chose to. The issue is players usually want ALL their money as you said you would. That's why it is usually a tug a war between the two clubs of the final amount each will pay.
No I thought it was the case too, and often argued against merkins implying that there was some salary cap rule that said the losing and gaining clubs need to cover the entirety of the existing contract. I just posted the link because it supports my position.

Although it's Paul Kent doing the talking so we're probably wrong, you included.

84 Baby

Referee
No I thought it was the case too, and often argued against merkins implying that there was some salary cap rule that said the losing and gaining clubs need to cover the entirety of the existing contract. I just posted the link because it supports my position.

Although it's Paul Kent doing the talking so we're probably wrong, you included.
It’s called contract law. Both parties have to do what’s in the contract.
Unless they agree they don’t have to

Bazal

Post Whore
Emma Laurence said on 2MMM that Jessie signed very early with Knights. After that his form at the Sharks improved and his Dad called the Knights saying that they wanted more money. Knights told him to get f**ked. Jessie's Dad was pissed. Then Jessie finds himself on the right but Pearce and Ponga attack mostly on the left. Jessie is pissed and confronts the coach seeking early ball. Coach says we'll do our best. A few weeks later Jessie is still unhappy and Jessie's Dad is hanging around. Nek minute Knights coach finds out that Dad has been ringing other clubs asking if Sharks want him back and offering to others. Coach is over it. Rest is history.

This plus a little extra from what I've heard. For starters it wasn't just the coach who wanted him out after things came out

Wouldn't touch Ramien with Bronco Dollars.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s called contract law. Both parties have to do what’s in the contract.
Unless they agree they don’t have to
The salary cap and its rules are a completely separate beast. For example, players are legally allowed to take a pay cut whenever they want but it won't get their club out of salary cap trouble.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

If that’s even remotely true, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near us.

TheRam

Coach

Fortunately for us and unfortunately foe Kent, we can't be wrong. It would be a breach of trade laws if the NRL stepped in the way of parties(3 in this instance) from negotiating a lawful and legitimate business transaction. Remember he is willingly agreeing to forgo an amount of money to move on. His current club and new club have just agreed his decision or they the clubs have presented the figures they are both happy with and it is up to him from there to accept or decline the new offer.

We are not talking about breaking the salary cap, which would be a whole different discussion and one if it went to court, may find that it too is illegal.

84 Baby

Referee
Fortunately for us and unfortunately foe Kent, we can't be wrong. It would be a breach of trade laws if the NRL stepped in the way of parties(3 in this instance) from negotiating a lawful and legitimate business transaction. Remember he is willingly agreeing to forgo an amount of money to move on. His current club and new club have just agreed his decision or they the clubs have presented the figures they are both happy with and it is up to him from there to accept or decline the new offer.

We are not talking about breaking the salary cap, which would be a whole different discussion and one if it went to court, may find that it too is illegal.
Restriction of trade gets thrown around way too much. A salary cap is a part of collective bargaining agreement by players association, its not a restriction of trade.

Latest posts