What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

You are giving clubs far too much credit.

And moving to Sydney on minimum wage for a season if he has young kids to uproot is a fairly big deal. That’s why I think he will be coming back for a more than decent wage, which was why I criticised the signing in the first place. 200-50k for an injury prone past his best player when you have one of the top 80min durable dummy halves in the game screams to me a signing for the sake of it. A coach and management under pressure to struggling to appease fans. They don’t seem too thrilled in the Dragons forum especially when they just got rid of a very talented young rake in Robson.

So, they're under pressure to appease fans, but the fans don't like the idea of signing him? How does that work? I can't see how signing Luke eases pressure on the management.

Luke played 17 games this year, and 20 or more per season in each year since 2014 In fact, excluding the season in which he first broke into NRL, he has only failed to play 20 games twice (18 and 17). People make shit up about his injury prone-ness. Does he get injured? Yes. There doesn't seem to be anything abnormal about his record to me (271 games in 13 years, lowest game count 17 in a year).

So, they're under pressure to appease fans, but the fans don't like the idea of signing him? How does that work? I can't see how signing Luke eases pressure on the management.

Luke played 17 games this year, and 20 or more per season in each year since 2014 In fact, excluding the season in which he first broke into NRL, he has only failed to play 20 games twice (18 and 17). People make shit up about his injury prone-ness. Does he get injured? Yes. There doesn't seem to be anything abnormal about his record to me (271 games in 13 years, lowest game count 17 in a year).
I agree the injury stuff is often overplayed but he's seen as more of an impact hooker rather than an 80 minute guy, so I can see why people question his signing. Whether or not he actually is an impact hooker these days is another question. A year ago I wouldn't have minded us signing him but now I'd be against it. But he's a proven player and the Dragons might have a role in mind for him so I'm gonna join Gary for a beer on the fence.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
but he's seen as more of an impact hooker rather than an 80 minute guy, so I can see why people question his signing. Whether or not he actually is an impact hooker these days is another question.

This year he is averaging 6 runs for 52m, which is 8.66m per run along with 1.4 TB per game.

While probably the best attacking hooker Cook is averaging 12 runs for 79 m which is 6.58 per run with 1.4 TB game.

Cook is playing on average approx 80 mins / Issac 50-60 (rough calculation based on mins per game).

So based on that and considering Cook played behind a better pack while Luke had some injury concerns. I reckon if you Luke was training to play 20-30 mins per game, he could offer a fairly significant impact from the bench in 2020. Especially without the pressure of being the starting hooker and knowing his role.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Nah he's a great signing, just jealous they swooped in and pinched him.

This year he is averaging 6 runs for 52m, which is 8.66m per run along with 1.4 TB per game.

While probably the best attacking hooker Cook is averaging 12 runs for 79 m which is 6.58 per run with 1.4 TB game.

Cook is playing on average approx 80 mins / Issac 50-60 (rough calculation based on mins per game).

So based on that and considering Cook played behind a better pack while Luke had some injury concerns. I reckon if you Luke was training to play 20-30 mins per game, he could offer a fairly significant impact from the bench in 2020. Especially without the pressure of being the starting hooker and knowing his role.
Fair enough. I didn't think he was getting anywhere near that number of minutes.

Gronk

Staff member
Featherstone Rovers coach Ryan Carr has confirmed he is leaving the club and returning home to Australia.
Rovers say "family reasons" are behind Carr's departure after just one season at the helm.

As reported last week, former Wakefield Trinity coach James Webster has already been lined up to take over.

Carr guided Rovers to fifth spot in the Betfred Championship and then a Grand Final appearance, where they lost to league leaders Toronto Wolfpack.

The impact he has made at Rovers - and for Leeds Rhinos where he was a part-time assistant-coach - has not gone unnoticed in Australia and NRL outfit Parramatta Eels are among clubs understood to be interested in adding him to their staff.

In a statement issued by Rovers, Carr - who joined Featherstone from New South Wales Cup side Mounties - said: “I am grateful to everyone involved at Featherstone Rovers to have had the chance to coach at such a proud and historic club.

"I have been blessed this year with a very special playing group that has been filled with good people who all wanted to work hard for each other and buy in to what we wanted to do.

"Being able to achieve what we did in such a short time frame is down to the hard work and dedication that those players were willing to put in. Those players are the ones that continue to drive the culture.

https://www.pontefractandcastleford...-rovers-coach-ryan-carr-steps-down-1-10049525