What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Not me. I don't rate Moses or Gutherson as Origin-class, for example. Or Junior Paulo. Not that Gutherson would be out of place in Origin - he wouldn't let anyone down but he's not the match winner they would want at his best position. Paulo and Moses are both great attacking players but have weaknesses that make them unsuitable for Origin. Lane would be ideal for an Origin spot right now.

Agree 100%

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good thing that 80 minute dummy halves don't get injured then.
Going by recent history if anyone's going to get injured it will be Luke. He's well past he's best with a body that's failing him and you wouldn't think he would move countries just for chump change. He also has a poor record at the judiciary.

Going by recent history if anyone's going to get injured it will be Luke. He's well past he's best with a body that's failing him and you wouldn't think he would move countries just for chump change. He also has a poor record at the judiciary.

Moving from Auckland to Sydney is not a great culture shock or financial shock. He'll take the best deal offered to him (allowing a bit for setup costs).....you seem to assume that clubs don't take injury and judiciary records into account when working out their bid.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Moving from Auckland to Sydney is not a great culture shock or financial shock. He'll take the best deal offered to him (allowing a bit for setup costs).....you seem to assume that clubs don't take injury and judiciary records into account when working out their bid.
You are giving clubs far too much credit.

And moving to Sydney on minimum wage for a season if he has young kids to uproot is a fairly big deal. That’s why I think he will be coming back for a more than decent wage, which was why I criticised the signing in the first place. 200-50k for an injury prone past his best player when you have one of the top 80min durable dummy halves in the game screams to me a signing for the sake of it. A coach and management under pressure to struggling to appease fans. They don’t seem too thrilled in the Dragons forum especially when they just got rid of a very talented young rake in Robson.

hindy111

Post Whore
200k for one season would be better then 50k he may earn driving a forklift in NZ. Thats probably 120k extra in his pocket. Family holidays paid for the next 15yrs.
Unsure of his qualifications outside of league.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
200k for one season would be better then 50k he may earn driving a forklift in NZ. Thats probably 120k extra in his pocket. Family holidays paid for the next 15yrs.
Unsure of his qualifications outside of league.
Cost of living in Sydney compared to Auckland?? Uprooting kids from their school for just a year?? Who knows he may have been planning to come back anyway. But I reckon Saint George are paying him more than minimum. And considering they just let go a very good young player in Robson it makes no sense. Panic signing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Luke played his whole career in Sydney except for 16-19, he even played 20’s here, so there is a good chance he has family/friends already here.

Also do the clubs have the ability to pay some relocation costs outside the cap?

And as Hindy111 suggested $150-200k is a lot better then $75k digging holes.

Additionally considering there is 15 nrl clubs in Aust there is probably a better chance of him picking up some type of rugby league job here then NZ post playing.

Cost of living in Sydney compared to Auckland?? Uprooting kids from their school for just a year?? Who knows he may have been planning to come back anyway. But I reckon Saint George are paying him more than minimum. And considering they just let go a very good young player in Robson it makes no sense. Panic signing.

You haven't been to Auckland recently.

Latest posts