What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Niukore is a combo forward so of course he did.
Mau/Lane would have only done so because Taka or Salmon came on, assuming of course they weren’t straight swaps and last season I don’t think Lane especially but also Mau spent any time in middle. At least not with any sort of regularity that gives credence to some weird BA bash shoehorn. Why does it even matter if they played some time in middle?
At least El Diablo & Haynetrain didn’t make up reasons for not wanting BA, they just called him bald...
Oh. So they did play middle.
The comment was made re Matterson and how he would deal with potentially not playing edge exclusevly.
Put whatever spin you wish to my comment. Matters not to me.

84 Baby

Referee
The comment was made re Matterson and how he would deal with potentially not playing edge exclusevly.
I’ve got no idea if they played any time in the middle or not. I’m not the one saying
BA tends to play every edge forward in the middle at some stage throughout the game.
So yeah if you’re going to throw out stupid and unverified statements I will spin it as you don’t like BA and to save face over your malicious dislike of him you’ll make up fictional problems to try and hide it.
And now you’ve added in
To hint at some future outcome of your made up problem. Matterson wouldn’t spend any more time in middle than Mau supposedly did.
But all your comments combined seem to think that if it did eventuate it’d be BAs fault. Seems to me that situation is on the players reaction and we’d be better off without the player.
Then even if we did our due diligence (the negotiations I’m guessing you assume never happen) and all parties agreed with your scenario about BA and how Matterson wouldn’t appreciate playing in middle, and we didn’t sign him, you’d probably have a good old whinge about us not signing him.
giphy.gif

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure where the Gazza beat on is coming from...

I thought his question was reasonable.
Yeah sorry Gazza I didn’t realise BA played Mau and Lane 30 mins in the middle each week. It’s a wonder he didn’t just play them there full time and sign some other edge forwards (that he’d probably give some time in the middle)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sure where the Gazza beat on is coming from...

I thought his question was reasonable.
Yeah me either but its his problem not mine mate. Any update on Bernies replacement? Like everyone else I reckon its really important we get this right.
Whats your thoughts on the Cayless appointment and have we actually signed the ex Mounties Coach?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Whilst Lane never wore a middle's number, he played plenty of middle and will ultimately end up a middle
And did a good job there as well but I reckon it dulls his effectiveness on the edge. Hopefully with the inclusion of better middles next season this tactic may lessen. I reckon Lane is potentially Origin level. Loved his season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree Happy. We already have Junior, Evans, RCG, Alvaro, Terepo, Kaufusi and potentially Stefano, that's 7, middles in a 30 man squad. Do we need more, I doubt it. Need to strengthen a position we're short in and that is edge forward, fullback and perhaps centre.

How much do we have in the cap? Rough guess is Mannah, Ma'u and Moeroa have left us with $1.5m and perhaps more. However the upgrade of Sivo and Drown will probably take $700k (Sivo $300k/Drown $400k) so what do we have left? Both Blake and RCG have come into the squad, Blake probably on $500k and RCG about the same so do we even have a decent amount left to offer Fifita? Guess we'll see if we're mentioned in proceedings to get him but he'll cost around $800k I guess. But he'll definitely open a premiership window for us but only if we get our defence in order which leads to another discussion. Is BA the coach able to get us there???.
So I know which players are backups and which are depth but you know how much every merkin will be earning? We should start a podcast together. You can be the angry one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Takairangi didn't play in the middle either so I don't see why Matterson would play there.

Assuming Lane and Matterson were our starting edge forwards, when Takairangi came into the field Lane would go to the middle. Matterson would stay on his edge.