What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
$70,000 won’t get him into our top 30 according to the NRL website’s salary cap page. We need to offer him $75,000. Hopefully our recruitment team know the rules better than the NRL writers.

View attachment 34362

https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

Maybe, development contract is $60k, $5k a month. Contracts go from beginning Nov to end Oct, so we have already paid him $5k. Thus bringing the $70k up to $75k.

While I would let him go, it’s a pretty smart ploy by the eels, we need to fill a couple of spots in the top 30, and it’s a super cheap option. Stefo really has no option but to accept it, if we don’t release him, play for $60k or play for $75k.....

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep. We’re not a charity for the West Tigers. There is absolutely nothing to gain from us releasing him early. Good to see the club are developing a ruthless edge.

I wonder if it’s a ploy to try and keep him - but not sure how he wouId “break” his contract.

Tigers havent announced it yet either.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think standard NRL contract cooling off period is now seven days ( was 14 ) Unless he's waived it.

Eelogical

Referee

Delboy

First Grade
I'm no legal cockatoo by any means but how come we can get Matto so easy yet they can't do the same in regards to Stephano?
The Tigers released Matterson from his contract, most likely to use the dollars elsewhere. There is no pressure on Parra to release him as he still has a valid contract, it's basically a decision that is up to the club.

Bazal

Post Whore
*On your back.

f**k I hope not

AlanJones.png