What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I take back the dumb call - i was referring to hindyrulz only ! Pau and the remainder including gronk are all intelligent merkins.!

The confusing situation with Stefano, is that we could have easily topped up his minimum wage for 2020 meaning we really only needed to almost match the tigers offer for him to be financially way in front..

Is our 2020 cap so stretched that we couldn't afford an extra 150k towards Utoki for this upcoming season?
That $150k could be the difference in keeping Drown or Mahoney though. It's all about priorities.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You would know far more about this then I do. I'm putting a puzzle together blind.
I'd be suprised if Kafusi,Mahoney or Dbags left.
I get impression bar maybe Stefano and the guy Raider pinched the club didn't care a whole lot for them. I mean the halves that left are pointless. We have 3 young ones already. Club prob didn't care as have spots covered.
Who else of note that left is worrying? SALESI couldnt even hold out Davey for a spot.
Fainga'a isn't in anybody's top 30 or development squad, so wherever he is he's now a part-time footballer. No big loss. I wonder how many merkins our reserve grade team will end up signing. And where will they play when the top 30 are all fit? We won't be fielding a RM Cup team.

Glenneel

Bench
Could it be that the committee that makes decisions on contracts is hideously slow and reactive. The HOF has managed some decent things, but when 2 important young players in the spine remain to be signed beyond 2020, as does Oregan, could he be out of his depth or possibly so focussed on procedures that opportunities are missed.

Although some will argue , the number of young players left where other clubs got under our guard due to delays in offers is disappointing to say the least
That so many have left shows that the club hasn't shown to them that they are wanted or the club just hasn't been able to compete with other clubs offers. That the R & R of players is based on a committee system which is slow and cumbersome is probably the real reason.

Noise

Coach
This bloke has taken the news of us not releasing Stefano rather well lol
What a bunch of absolute piece of shit f**kwit merkinholes. Seriously, this is why Parra are a bunch of merkins. WE f**kING RELEASED MATTERSON EARLY SO YOU COULD ADD HIM TO YOUR ALREADY f**kING EXCELLENT FORWARD PACK. THROW US A f**kING BONE YOU DICKHEAD merkinS

Parra are quickly becoming my most hated team

TheRam

Coach
I hope we don't win a weak comp.

Actually, this is why I think we CAN win it next year if we play at our best. All we need to do is improve our defense a little from this last seasons and if Moses continues to play well and even slightly improve while the rest of the team all maintain their 2019 form and our 2 new forwards add their better talents to the squad, and no major injuries, then really we are the team to beat.

Yes it sounds like a lot needs to happen but really for a professional young team to continue to perform at their consistent best and to look for a little improvement isn't such a big ask.

I mean they are all talented, hungry for success, mostly coming into their peak years, not battle weary from to many arduous campaigns and there aren't any over the top superstar teams to contend with. The Roosters are the closest to that type of label, but even they were weaker this year and will have more weaknesses next year. As for the Storm, well they rely on Smith way to much to be a real threat anymore if they come up against a team that has very good players right across the park and have a play maker or two who have a clue in how to play them.

That then only leave Canberra and Manly for mine as real threats and are in a similar boat to us. But they are both very vulnerable to injuries and will need a lot of luck to go their way.

So unless one of the other teams can totally surprise us, that is it for mine as far as real contenders go. We just need to add a little more to this years performances and we are in with a real chance to win it.

So why am I very nervous and worried as I am writing this that we could have a totally crap 2020 season? Well because we are Parramatta I guess.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, whoever has been steering the Latrell ship needs to cop a Mitchell Allgood right cross.

seriously ? look who wrote the article, the media are just using this guy for clickbait

there is f**k all money in Aussie Rugby

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member