What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Attacking your missus or whatever? You reckon you don't even remember it. And you know full-well that Gleneel was not attacking your missus. And you know full-well that I was not supporting his attacking of your missus "or something". You were so high on attacking 'deathriders' (anyone who put forward any sort of negative comments about poor old B.A.) that you completely lost sight of the fact that you were (note the past-tense) the most vindictive and caustic arsehole on this forum. Anyway, that's in the past now, isn't it? - since your claim that you can't even remember what the supposed insult was about.

Lol

84 Baby

Referee
Well, that narrows down the available set for all teams.
Given there’s no parameters, I’ll look at NRL.coms predicted round 1 lists for gun, homegrown players.
Tits - Arrow/Wallace are their best players but they’re not homegrown (and I probably wouldn’t list them as guns anyway).
Drags - Frizell I suppose. His form can be a bit up and down for mine. Merrin I guess was a decade ago but they also didn’t retain him so I’m not sure he counts, I mean if Moses/Matto/Jnr ever become guns I guess we wouldn’t be allowed to count them either.
Cows - Taumolololololo definitely, Morgan perhaps.
NZ - RTS not homegrown
Dogs - Josh Jackson is their best homegrown player FFS
Knights - is Saifiti a gun? Cause Mata’utia certainly isn’t
Penrith - do they get to claim Cleary as theirs (and is he even a gun?)
Tigers - Marshall. I love renaissance Marshall.... but wait they didn’t retain him! f**ken hell this is hard
Boncos - are Haas and Fifita even homegrown? And how early do we make the call on gun players? Boyd I guess while a f**khead was a gun player, but that was when he was playing for Drags...
Sharks - be hard to count Xerri as a gun right now
Manly - Trbevzjcievics, does DCE count as homegrown? If so they’re f**ken loaded!!
Scum - ok they have some and have had a few recently (but not Cronk or Inglis because they left).
Souffs - Murray is a good player. Is he a gun though?
Canbra - Wighton? Flash in the pan or legitimate gun? And is Papa Lee homegrown?
Rorters - Cordner and of course the gun of all guns Victor Radley.
Us - we’ll see if Drown becomes as good as people think he’ll be, because regardless of how good they may become we’re not allowed to include Moses, Reed, Matto, Jnr or Stefano

84 Baby

Referee
Well, mate, do you have a definition for 'gun players'? And do you disagree that we haven't developed and kept very many in the last 20 years? Hindy's original comment was that we hadn't developed very many 'gun' backs. I agreed and carried it a step further by including forwards as well. Do you disagree? Do you even have an opinion?
Make up your mind if you want me to respond FFS.

If you read my recent post listing all the current gun homegrown players in teams, you’ll notice that outside of Scum (and pre-Smith/Slater how many homegrown guns did they produce and keep?), there are really only 1 or 2 at most in any team, and some of those are aging guns (as in they were guns, but not so much now). That’s the nature of junior-senior promotion, in any given year there’ll only be a handful stepping up across the comp, the chances of the being a gun is slim, and the chances of retaining them is slimmer if they are a gun. That’d be my truncated opinion

lingard

Coach
Make up your mind if you want me to respond FFS.

If you read my recent post listing all the current gun homegrown players in teams, you’ll notice that outside of Scum (and pre-Smith/Slater how many homegrown guns did they produce and keep?), there are really only 1 or 2 at most in any team, and some of those are aging guns (as in they were guns, but not so much now). That’s the nature of junior-senior promotion, in any given year there’ll only be a handful stepping up across the comp, the chances of the being a gun is slim, and the chances of retaining them is slimmer if they are a gun. That’d be my truncated opinion

I just made up my mind. Yeah, nah. Don't bother.
And 'truncated' wasn't quite the right word, was it?

hindy111

Post Whore
Wow you're toast at 6am tomorrow morning. He'll knock you down with a wad of smug.

But he is wrong.
Yeah he was still the better player but the gap would be nothing compared to Sivo and current Fergo. And it’s not just his ability to find try line (cause clearly Sivo knows how to do that too just not as fancily), Fergos all around awareness in games and understanding of the sport is in the upper echelons of all players.

Sivo looks suss under the high ball.