1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Noise

Noise Coach

He’s shit and no one wants him.

2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

You'd think he's good enough and young enough for a development contract somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  3. Noise

Noise Coach

He didn’t look particularly fast, agile or powerful and doesn’t seem to have too much in the way of ball skills. On top of that his defence is atrocious. He made Brad Parker look like Steve Renouf. I’m not surprised he hasn’t been picked up in a first grade squad.

4. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

Wasn't Parry's younger brother also at Parra in the junior reps? Seem to recall there were higher hopes for him than Ethan...

5. Poupou Escobar

His initial contact in defence needed some work but he seemed very fast to me. Also has good height. He could bulk up and make a decent winger.

Joshuatheeel and Eelementary like this.
  6. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

yes, I seem to recall the same

hindy111 likes this.
  7. parrathruandthru

parrathruandthru Juniors

Cody
    was in our Matts team
    who know where that stands now

Incorrect likes this.
  8. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Dunster looked good in pre season.
    Shame no nsw cup

9. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

Was Dunster fired?

Eelementary and Gronk like this.
  10. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

I think he moves well and supports well. Also noticed his general awareness and focus is excellent. I think we will see him play some NRL soon.

11. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Has Dunster been picked in the 21 squad yet ? George Jennings seems to be above him in the pecking order.

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  12. parra pete

parra pete Coach

Parry is playing for Wenty this weekend in that new competition...Presidents Cup?

13. Noise

Noise Coach

BA likes big strong wingers. Dunster is not that.

14. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

He isn't small like say Bevan French.

15. Soto

Soto Juniors

Not exactly small. Listed as 187cm and 90kgs.
    The trials he played and the 1 nsw cup game he played was getting over the advantage line every run and massively improved from previous years.
    His improvement catapulted him ahead of Parry who seemed to go backwards after debuting last year.
    I think Dunster will be a good winger in years to come.
    Will continue to fill out and has good speed.
    From memory was also one of the very good trainers in the pre-season too

16. Soren Lorenson

Soren Lorenson Bench

This made me laugh a bit from Malcolm Knox
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...g-to-show-how-thin-it-is-20200717-p55cyb.html

Those people who claim, with a slightly competitive smugness, that they're having a "good lockdown"? That's the NRL right now. The job is safe, the balance sheet is solid, the bills are getting paid, the family has stuck together, the health is holding up.

With an unconvincing show of sympathy, they observe that their neighbours are having a "bad lockdown". The AFL managed to restart, but its games are about as attractive as under-nines in which your own kid is not playing. The best way to describe this year's "brand" of AFL is to imagine 36 people inside a theatre, having heard the fire alarm, rushing from exit to exit to find each one locked. It's amusing for about five minutes and then just dull. On top of this, the AFL seems constantly reacting to something that has just happened, whereas the NRL has been a step ahead of that dastardly virus.
    Other competitors barely rate. Soccer went AWOL, and when it got going, showing the effects of prolonged isolation in a dark room, couldn't seem to locate which altered state it was meant to be escaping into. Cricket went out in sympathy, wetting its bed because everyone else was wetting theirs. And poor old Super Rugby AU, cut off from NZ, has resembled a detached lizard's tail, still wriggling but not realising it has no life support system.

So the NRL has been telling itself. We're having a good lockdown, if there can be such a thing, and for us, there sure is.

TheRam and Suitman like this.
  17. Poupou Escobar

Big strong safe wingers are too expensive to be backups. They just need to be safe. I suppose if you're down to using two backup wingers one of them needs some go forward.

18. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

90kgs was the same over 12mths ago. I would guess he is abput 95kgs now

Soto likes this.
  19. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Are you saying that two backup wingers aren't capable of some go forward?

20. Soto

Soto Juniors

Probably right. Looked bigger, faster and stronger in the trials and the nsw cup game earlier this yr