1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

How much would you have signed either Morris for? He’s a FORMER international, it’s not like they got Tedesco at 275k

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  2. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Rothfield is constantly defending the chooks. Benchmark in cap management apparently.

3. jk13

jk13 Bench

More the question, what’s his worth to the nrl. Seems funny how they stick their nose in some acquisitions but never in others

4. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Neither Morris was worth much when the Chooks signed them.

TheRam likes this.
  5. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Also what about market value with David Fifita? Broncos offering $700K when other teams are offering between $1m-1.25m?

Are the NRL seriously going to accept that offer from the Broncos if it comes over to them to approve? I can't believe how there hasn't been any real stink about this in the media or the fans. So when it goes over to the NRL for approval, they will have no pressure on them to do the right thing and will simply approve it.

The salary cap has really become an absolute joke.

6. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

As soon as I heard about Sony, I instantly got a Semi.

hindy111 and Tooooks like this.
  7. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

since Shooey left so did the principal of signing players based on their value, just doesn't seem to be an issue now days

8. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Well it should be or else we are going down the path of an obvious rort. I mean, $700k v $1.25m? Come on even if that were true, a 19 year old kid and his inexperienced/naive mother should be saved from themselves by the NRL and they should step in and show some leadership and point them in the direction of their best interest.

The Broncos both on and off the field are a basket case and will be for a while yet, So no one could really mount an argument that staying there would be in the long term best interest for his development overall.

In fact for his overall future, taking an offer as lucrative as the Titans one is the smartest thing a young man in his position could do. He has already had an injury that has seen him miss virtually two thirds of the season. What if he gets another and another. His value starts to decline rapidly. Look at Tommy T going through it right now. Or heaven forbid he gets a career ending injury. It happens. Are the Broncos going to give him the millions then?

I have said it before, the Broncos should be ashamed of themselves for expecting anyone to take such and inferior contract to the others that are being offered and to put pressure on him to boot with team mates and their staff pleading with him to stay. They should have simply conceded once they saw the massive difference in value and since they can't reasonably compete given their blessing.

But they are a News Ltd entity so no real surprise there. They only know the heartless business model way of things. That is partially why it is so brilliant to watch them implode like this.

Glenneel and Twizzle like this.
  9. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

All it can do is raise a red flag for NRL, they can’t dictate to players/clubs how much they should be paid within the agreed parameters with the RLPA.
    Yeah we had the Folau situation, but is anyone still seriously hung up about that?

10. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Flanagan was another signing.
    There would of been quite a few players who had huge upgrades.
    Anyhows the cap is beside point. Canbera wasnt allowed to have Ropana play rugby for half a year and then return to the Raiders around rnd 12. It was seen as a loophole. I'd argue it's very simmilar.

11. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

250k.....

But Cordner,Crighton,Keary,Teddy,JWH are all over 750k players.
    Manu,Radley, takehako all large upgrades. But yes they fill the squad with average players also. I dont see why they wouldnt be under cap. Different if added Cronk and Latrell to the 17.

But the point is we could tell a player like MJ if they felt like a holiday and only play half a season go relax .We will sign you for last 8 weeks for 1/3 of price.

12. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

On Fifita part of me think the Titan contract is just to expose the Broncos knowing he isnt going to take it.

13. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

I doubt many players would like to earn a third of what they're worth. And what sort of shape would they be in if they miss all of preseason and most of the season?

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  14. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

So not 3 spoons?

15. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

16. Soren Lorenson

Soren Lorenson Bench

Tell him to ring Tohu Harris to find out how it feels.

17. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Asu Kepaoa? And merkins criticise us for having nuffies in our top 30.

18. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

But he played for the Rorters? Are you sure he isn’t a superstar? I think we should make him an offer he can’t refuse

19. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

Im thinking SBW was always coming and Kepoao was the sacrificial lamb on no money listed in the top 30 (or whatever it is) to make them compliant. Sneaky Chooks.

20. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Why wasn't Ropana allowed to playa super 15 or Japanese rugby or whatever it was and return to Canberra mid season? It was ruled out by NRL.
    I am confused.