What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Both Fergo and Sivo are off contract on 1 November, 2020. We’re in a good place.

So, under that logic, before there were any rules about when you could approach a player regarding what they do when their contract expires......everybody was always off contract?

Gronk

Staff member
So, under that logic, before there were any rules about when you could approach a player regarding what they do when their contract expires......everybody was always off contract?
Sematics. They are free to sign with another club Stefano style from Nov 1.

emjaycee

Coach
Free to sign elsewhere for 2022 isn’t the same as off contract. IMO they’re in the same place as Moses was to kickoff 2019 (a few players are) in that they need to up their output if they want to stay. I wouldn’t write this year completely off BUT I think this coming off/preseason has to be massive. Key players in contract years, more settled starting side, Scum/Rorters getting older and Penriff/Canbra potentially getting monkey off back this year equals a golden opportunity for us next season. I guess whatever remains of this year also needs to be at least lessons learned
Have you even partially written this year off?
We have finished above most peoples expectation in 3rd place and we have lost by 12 points to the team of the decade in the first semi-final and are 5 days away from playing the team that ran 6th.
Win and we are in a prelim the week after which would mean at worst we finished in the top 4 after the semi's and at best we are in the big dance.

Did you seriously think we were genuine premiership contenders this year?
I know I didn't before the comp started and even during it.

84 Baby

Referee
We have finished above most peoples expectation in 3rd place and we have lost by 12 points to the team of the decade in the first semi-final and are 5 days away from playing the team that ran 6th.
Win and we are in a prelim the week after which would mean at worst we finished in the top 4 after the semi's and at best we are in the big dance.

Looking at our unavailables and reinforced by how tired teams looked this week, players are rooted so I think it’s odds on a Panfas/Scum GF. Even if a team gets through one, they’d be hard pressed to beat the other.
If and it’s always a big IF we play like last week with a bit more planning, we’ll win this week. Then that would equal my realistic expectation of this season. Given the above, a spirited effort with a bit of enterprising play in week 3, I’d be ok, even if we get smashed (I still want to win but)

Gazzamatta

Coach

Mate, not only do I love your passion, I admire the sh*t out of it.
Lets do it for MJC you magnificent basta*ds.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Fergo has annoyed me no end this year. That said, I reckon his confidence has been effected hugely by Waqa which has contibuted massively to his drop in form. There were a couple of green shoots poking through after Mennings switched sides so all is not lost. Fergo in the right mood is a great player and a great leader two things we have missed with his on field performances this year. An in form Fergo could be the spark we need should he be fit.

IFR33K

Coach
Fergo has annoyed me no end this year. That said, I reckon his confidence has been effected hugely by Waqa which has contibuted massively to his drop in form. There were a couple of green shoots poking through after Mennings switched sides so all is not lost. Fergo in the right mood is a great player and a great leader two things we have missed with his on field performances this year. An in form Fergo could be the spark we need should he be fit.

Fergos errors seem to be getting worse and occurring often. That’s not even taking into account his defensive lapses.

IFR33K

Coach
Confidence mate. Waqa has fu*ked him between the ears. I know hes sending me mental.

Could it all be waqa thou? His simple knock on, against the storm was unforced. If we can’t get a decent winger for next year, maybe we should move waqa to the wing. Everybody can see our combo of waqa/fergo isn’t working. And maybe go all out for a quality centre.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Could it all be waqa thou? His simple knock on, against the storm was unforced. If we can’t get a decent winger for next year, maybe we should move waqa to the wing. Everybody can see our combo of waqa/fergo isn’t working. And maybe go all out for a quality centre.
A solution has to be found. To continue as it is would be crazy.

Latest posts