What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Damn I would have liked him to stay and start on the wing instead of Sivo or Fergo next season.
He will hit his peak at the Storm..
Just for curiosity's sake Ill be a keen observer of how George progresses at the Storm. He has been considered little more than a fill in by our coaching staff and hasnt progressed his form much at all. I guess we will find our if he has another level under Bellamy. Good luck George.

JokerEel

Coach
I don’t think it’s a weird signing, it’s just that it’s assumed if true he is a definite top 13 signing, rather then a potential top 13 signing (and at this stage a back up signing) but it’s up to French to prove himself up to.

We don’t have much cover for fullback, halves , French can cover those position plus potentially wing.

He provides depth plus ensures there is competition for positions.

Exactly why its a weird signing he wont come to be backup or cover player he will want to start and not on the wing..

JokerEel

Coach
Just for curiosity's sake Ill be a keen observer of how George progresses at the Storm. He has been considered little more than a fill in by our coaching staff and hasnt progressed his form much at all. I guess we will find our if he has another level under Bellamy. Good luck George.

He has played pretty well for the Warriors, plus the 1 game he played for us.. He was better than our other 2 current wingers but I guess 1 game isnt enough to judge him on

That can be taught. ET was an awful defender at first and later became one of the best defensive centres in the game combined with sizzling attack.

Similar story with Brett Mullins (though he probably became 'ok' rather than great in defense). But the difference is body size (both height and weight). Even if French doesn't get steamrolled on the edge (and that's a big if) back rowers and centres running at him won't find it difficult to get their arms free to pass.

84 Baby

Referee
Let’s be honest he was a first choice after being a shining light of the dismal 2018 when he won the COACHES award but was unavailable for round 1, 2019. Sivo took the chance (would you really have played Genko ahead of Sivo in 2019?)
He got 2 opportunities in 2019, both were underwhelming, including linking with Fergo to gift the Cows a win.
This year he got a chance after Fergo and Sivo had decent starts to season. He had an ok of erroneous game. 2 weeks later he was loaned to Warriors, which would have been a match fitness and financial decision.
Can you definitively say:
1. You would’ve dropped either Fergo or Sivo during 2019. If so, when and why?
2. You wouldn’t have loaned Genko to Warriors, in favour of putting him in Fergo or Sivo’s place. If so, when and then when/would you have reinstated Fergo/Sivo?
3. You believe on the balance of ability, consistency, value and cost that Genko is better than Fergo or Sivo

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I never wanted him to leave. I thought his CC form at 5/8 prior to him leaving was good. Maybe a change of coach, team mates and surroundings has done him good. Id be happy to see him come back but what is it with dumping them then getting them back? Is it admitting we were wrong or maybe they just want a "gap year".
Hopefully Norman and Peats dont follow.
He was a sook.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Will Belamy turn him into a better player? This and only this is the question I posed. Id like to see him succeed and I'm questioning if a different coach can turn him into more than a fill in. Go Georgie.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He was a sook.
Yeah that was the talk. Who knows. What I do know is that hes a talent and if "everyone" has grown up and he can help our team im all for his return. I recall him scoring the first ever try at Bankwest. He was awesome that day. Nek minit hes gone. I hate seeing talent go to waste.

Noise

Coach
Yeah that was the talk. Who knows. What I do know is that hes a talent and if "everyone" has grown up and he can help our team im all for his return. I recall him scoring the first ever try at Bankwest. He was awesome that day. Nek minit hes gone. I hate seeing talent go to waste.
Huh? Didn't Moses score the first ever try at Bankwest in the game against the Tigers?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course only one team can win the premiership but after 7 years under BA, with a premiership roster, we haven't even played a premiership qualifier match. We're still not even rated by the 'experts' as having a chance during the finals. We need change!
Gus reckons we need a bunch of players to be contenders. It's not a premiership roster.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If French returns I reckon he will continue to spend a heap of time in reserve grade.
Im sure if he were to come back he would have had some plan laid out for him. That said BA likes his top 13 and dosent like to experiment too much so you are probably correct.