What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
He has played pretty well for the Warriors, plus the 1 game he played for us.. He was better than our other 2 current wingers but I guess 1 game isnt enough to judge him on

He was one of our best in 2018. People here like to pick on a guy and he was one.
Always made 150mtrs and gave his best

hindy111

Post Whore
Look at Panthers Bench.
Leota,Tetavano,Tyrone May,Spencer Leinu. It's powerful. And if Kikaus fit an origin calibre in Capewell drops back.
Guys like Whare,Hethrington,Staines and Burton can't even get a look in. And they are hardly chumps.

Storm usually bring B.Smith and Soloamaona on (When Finucances fit)
I mean international level players

hindy111

Post Whore
Stone,Evans,W.Smith and Davey.... I mean its hard to call any of them solid NRL level. They imo are handy NRL back ups. Nothing more.
We go to our bench with hope we do not cop too much of a belting. A break even is seen as a win.
These other sides can look at the bench to go up a gear once a side is tired.

Imagine Brandon Smith and big Nelson coming at you when energy is low. This is why they win. Our 1-13 can compete with everyone.

84 Baby

Referee
It works for the Storm.
A)who f**ken cares what the Scum do? If you try to emulate them, you’ll never be better than them
B)at least with prop forwards, you can rotate 2 on, 2 off and more or less half game each is an effective use. 3 middle lock forwards means either they split game time into 3rds (inefficient) or they have to split time with edge/props where they are likely less effective and possibly, with edges, less efficient.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stone,Evans,W.Smith and Davey.... I mean its hard to call any of them solid NRL level. They imo are handy NRL back ups. Nothing more.
We go to our bench with hope we do not cop too much of a belting. A break even is seen as a win.
These other sides can look at the bench to go up a gear once a side is tired.

Imagine Brandon Smith and big Nelson coming at you when energy is low. This is why they win. Our 1-13 can compete with everyone.
Evans is NRL class, he's just inconsistent. At his worst he's a backup but at his best he's up there with some dudes who play Origin. He was awesome for us during the first half of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A)who f**ken cares what the Scum do? If you try to emulate them, you’ll never be better than them
B)at least with prop forwards, you can rotate 2 on, 2 off and more or less half game each is an effective use. 3 middle lock forwards means either they split game time into 3rds (inefficient) or they have to split time with edge/props where they are likely less effective and possibly, with edges, less efficient.
Penrith started every game with only one genuine prop on the field. The ball went to Cleary, he checked the outside defence was good then turned the ball back inside. They did this on repeat until the defence made a mistake then Cleary would shift it wide. This was their red zone structure. Coming out of their half most of their go forward came from their back five.

My point is you don't need four giant merkins in your 17. You probably don't even need three. The Panthers, Raiders and Roosters don't have big middle forwards.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Evans is NRL class, he's just inconsistent. At his worst he's a backup but at his best he's up there with some dudes who play Origin. He was awesome for us during the first half of the year.
And we are both estatic the lazy pr*ck has gone. Good one Poo. One of your best mate. Im still pis*ing myself. Funny bas*ard.

84 Baby

Referee
Penrith started every game with only one genuine prop on the field. The ball went to Cleary, he checked the outside defence was good then turned the ball back inside. They did this on repeat until the defence made a mistake then Cleary would shift it wide. This was their red zone structure. Coming out of their half most of their go forward came from their back five.

My point is you don't need four giant merkins in your 17. You probably don't even need three. The Panthers, Raiders and Roosters don't have big middle forwards.
Well then you’d have props of varying skill/style wouldn’t you? If you are going to have 6 middle forwards, do you want 3 of them to be Nrown, Marata & Rudolf? Not saying it can’t work but is it the best use of cap for us?

hindy111

Post Whore

At this best what? He is at his best an average NRL starter. That's his ceiling.
At this worse he is an ordinary back up or NSWA cup level.
Very similar to Terepo imo.