What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So the Lodge theory came from an anonymous commenter on tct. Sixties flat out said he'd be surprised and couldn't see it happening.

Stevie

Bench
I can’t help but think we’ll miss the 8 this year. Probs because I’m a deflated Eels fan. Hope not, but I don’t expect anything this year.

Gronk

Staff member
I can’t help but think we’ll miss the 8 this year. Probs because I’m a deflated Eels fan. Hope not, but I don’t expect anything this year.
Do you think that our roster is worse than last year ?

2021 GAINS
Bryce Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans, 2021), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans, 2022), David Hollis (2021), Joey Lussick (Salford Red Devils, 2021), Michael Oldfield (Canberra Raiders, 2021), Tom Opacic (North Queensland Cowboys, 2021), Isaiah Papali'i (New Zealand Warriors, 2022), Nathaniel Roache (New Zealand Warriors, 2021)

2021 LOSSES
Daniel Alvaro (St George Illawarra Dragons), Andrew Davey (Manly Sea Eagles), Rhys Davies (released), Kane Evans (New Zealand Warriors), Jai Field (Wigan Warriors), David Gower (retired), Watson Heleta (released), George Jennings (Melbourne Storm), Ethan Parry (released), Jaeman Salmon (Penrith Panthers), Kyle Schneider (released), Brad Takairangi (Hull Kingston Rovers), Peni Terepo (released), Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)

hindy111

Post Whore

I feel it's also possible. Reason is we had so many close wins and a lot of those sides have now improved. Those one score wins may become losses.
However my reason for positivity is our halves where fairly garbage.And so was our backline. Blake,Sivo,Fergo all had the worse years of their career imo.
They couldn't be that bad again.

hindy111

Post Whore

2021 GAINS
Bryce Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans, 2021), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans, 2022), David Hollis (2021), Joey Lussick (Salford Red Devils, 2021), Michael Oldfield (Canberra Raiders, 2021), Tom Opacic (North Queensland Cowboys, 2021), Isaiah Papali'i (New Zealand Warriors, 2022), Nathaniel Roache (New Zealand Warriors, 2021)

2021 LOSSES
Daniel Alvaro (St George Illawarra Dragons), Andrew Davey (Manly Sea Eagles), Rhys Davies (released), Kane Evans (New Zealand Warriors), Jai Field (Wigan Warriors), David Gower (retired), Watson Heleta (released), George Jennings (Melbourne Storm), Ethan Parry (released), Jaeman Salmon (Penrith Panthers), Kyle Schneider (released), Brad Takairangi (Hull Kingston Rovers), Peni Terepo (released), Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)

It is also about other sides below and if they have improved.
I think our squad is better. And I feel a lot of our guys played average last season and can improve a lot.
The thing is I don't feel there is a lot between most sides bar a few injuries.
I like Manly if they all stay fit.

Gronk

Staff member
It is also about other sides below and if they have improved.
I think our squad is better. And I feel a lot of our guys played average last season and can improve a lot.
The thing is I don't feel there is a lot between most sides bar a few injuries.
I like Manly if they all stay fit.

Manly showed that they have no depth. We bolstered our depth off season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly showed that they have no depth. We bolstered our depth off season.

Depth might help get into finals. Id rather a great starting 13 and a servicebale bench and bank that come finals time your best 13 is fit.
I feel like both this years grand finals teams where pretty much full strength while the 2 x semi finalist losers had some of their best players out.

Eelementary

Post Whore

2021 GAINS

2021 LOSSES

I think overall, our squad is stronger heading into 2021 - we got rid of dead weight like Evans, and replaced him with young, up-and-coming talent.

But I am concerned about our outside backs situation.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Depth just helps you stay neutral. I do not feel like it improves your chances to win it unless the better sides cop major injuries.
I agree, you can have all the depth you like but if you don’t have the quality where it is needed or the coaching staff to take advantage of it depth is as useless Mary Macgregor game plan.

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly have also lost arguably their best forward in AFB and have no hooker whilst Sione Fainu is stood down and are set to play either Kieran Foran or Cade Cust at hooker

True. If Turbo tom stays fit which is a big if. Schuster will bein the side.
If Foran stays fit they will have the best half combo in comp. Foran was still very good when fit with the Dogs. So the spine is excellent bar hooker.

The forward pack looks average while the backline could be scary. Walker and Suli in the centres. Young Tribvijc will debut. It is a talented backline.
The pack is a concern but I reckon Des will get them do play tough and do a good job.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think overall, our squad is stronger heading into 2021 - we got rid of dead weight like Evans, and replaced him with young, up-and-coming talent.

I feel like we could potentially have the worse backline in the competition.
2-5 If Fergo does not bounce back and Sivo plays the same we would have three guys if include Opacic who are at NSW cup level.
The only decent player would be Blake who also is hot and cold.

I look at players from outside and what other clubs would want them. Id say Fergo,Sivo and Opacic would have very limited suitors. I reckon super league would maybe be there only options.

strider

Post Whore
we played like crap alot of last season - but hung in there to get some wins ..... we had a window after the covid break where we played well - which shows we are capable.

if we can play to that potential then we could have a good season .... but who f**kin knows

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I'd say Marata is the only player who has a cemented bench spot currently, so between: Kaufusi, Papali'i, Stone, Cartwright, Hipgrave, Smith and potentially Nathaniel Roache the final 3 bench spots will be highly competitive

Latest posts