1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

First you are just assuming we now have the contract value of the players that left available for 2021 which isn’t how it works. The eels wouId have re-signed or signed players using what is actually available for 2021. For example signing Matterson for $500k or re-signing Drown wouId have used any available cap space for 2021 of the assumption player X isn’t staying

Second here are the players that left:
    Kane Evans, Jai Field, Stefano Utiokamanu, Andrew Davey, Rhys Davies, Jaeman Salmon, Gower, Peni, Alvaro and Brad Takairangi.

Not exactly a bunch of players on huge money. Taka, Evans, Peni and Alvaro only players on anything decent. So hardly any indication we have much cap space available.

Additionally we have signed Blake / Matterson / RCG and re-signed Mahoney/Drown/Gutho (all on upgrades) in the last 2 seasons - I am guessing on the assumption on spending more on the top 17 then previous years and looking for cheapies / rookie to fill the squad.

on the Roosters who are the multiple players on $1 million? I am guessing there is only 1 Tedesco then a couple on the $750k mark Keary/Cordner/JWH. They also have cheapies like us.

Eelementary and Poupou Escobar like this.
  2. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

You too little buddy. I hope it goes really well for you and yours mate. Cheers

hindy111 likes this.
  3. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

It depends what you mean by quality. I don’t think we have enough to get someone at Menkos quality level. And the level we can afford is probably someone like Opacic. So perhaps the best course of action is to sign another centre like him and have them battle it out (although you can probably include Dunster and Oldfield in that battle already)

4. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

For his size his kick returns are a bit soft. But I thought he wasn’t that bad until he hurt his knee against Manly. After that he was quite poor and struggled to make an impact.

Pazza, Eelogical and Gazzamatta like this.
  5. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

We may also be happy with Opacic for a year letting the young players develop and have them come through in 2022. It'll be very interesting come March when we have to name 29 of our Top 30 to see if we upgrade any of the development players. Although there does seem to be talk of outside backs moving around: mansour, Allen, Burns.

InB4 "bA dOeSn'T uSe jUnIorS" in the pre-season of 2019 he was happy for Norman or Moses to find a new club and utilise Dylan Brown. If he deems the player is good enough he will bring them into first grade.

6. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Yeah that’s my thinking too. Unless suddenly a top centre is available at a discount or Opacic/Dunster turn out to be hopeless then I think any signings will be depth, although I think another big, dare I say fat, prop wouldn’t go astray

7. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

#IfBAThinksYoureGoodEnoughBAThinksYoureOldEnough

Obscene Assassin likes this.
  8. Matty Bhoy

Matty Bhoy Juniors

I’m confident Opacic will be handy for us. Saw all his games for Brisbane (the perks of living up here). He’s a decent pick up. The question is can he stay injury free.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  9. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

last year we didn't have any jnr footy. Plenty of kids would ofmsoent the 12mths working out and bulking up. There could be a few suprise packets pop up.

10. Pazza

Pazza First Grade

I'm trying to think of the last time Parra developed a decent centre.....I'm coming up with a blank.... Ben Smith???

11. Poupou Escobar

Hayne or Inu

12. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

13. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Who was before Bmith you dickhead!!!

14. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

John Folau

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  15. strider

strider Post Whore

morgs was apparently well developed

Incorrect, 84 Baby, Pazza and 2 others like this.
  16. Poupou Escobar

His younger brother Noelauka Folau had some big wraps too.

84 Baby likes this.
  17. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Is their sister Danica Folau still in our system?

18. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Any of you westies been going to Kellyville to watch the training apart from TCT crew?

19. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I’ve seen them a couple of times. Professional sports training is actually impressive to watch at times. Good to show the kids who want be sportspeople

Eelogical likes this.
  20. Noise

Noise Coach

12 months without footy and top level training is detrimental to young footballers