What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Before going to the Raiders, Ricky Stuart's teams scored the least points in a season for three straight years ('09,'10 and '13). In his three years at Canberra they've finished 11th, 3rd and 1st (by over 100 points) for points scored. I think it's fair to say a team's attack is very dependent on the strength of its roster.

McGregor has the Dragons going backwards. He's not a good coach, he's an insipid personality as well. It's not all about points scored. Newcastle haven't got the cattle, but they've shown some set moves and some thought in their attack despite coming last very easily. They've shown signs that they may have improvement in them. The Dragons make Melbourne look like the Raiders, they just have absolutely nothing in attack. There's no game plan, there's almost no set plays, there's almost no evidence that they're being coached to attack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
McGregor has the Dragons going backwards. He's not a good coach, he's an insipid personality as well. It's not all about points scored. Newcastle haven't got the cattle, but they've shown some set moves and some thought in their attack despite coming last very easily. They've shown signs that they may have improvement in them. The Dragons make Melbourne look like the Raiders, they just have absolutely nothing in attack. There's no game plan, there's almost no set plays, there's almost no evidence that they're being coached to attack.
You reckon their roster has the kind of attacking talent to dazzle with ball in hand?

Bazal

Post Whore
You reckon their roster has the kind of attacking talent to dazzle with ball in hand?

I reckon a decent coach would be able to work with the abilities that players like Widdop, Marshall, Frizell, Packer, De Belin, Dugan, Lafai bring to the side and at least create some kind of attacking plays based around that. Granted they had a big hand brake at hooker, but they look completely impotent in attack and their roster was hardly awful

hybrideel

Bench
So Norman get suspended for 1/3 of the season and still managed to get top ten. Had to be close to 5/8 of the year although i suppose his best games were when he moved to 7

IFR33K

Coach
I thought Tony Squires' joke about Farah on the scoreboard was poor taste as well.

Matty Johns is an outright lunatic.

Gronk

Staff member
IIRC Eels Dally M votes were

Norman 16
Paulo 9
Gordon 7
Gutherson 6

Wondering how Bevan did not get 6 or more points. After all he scored 3 tries in 2 or 3 matches.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So just on the revised TPAs being proposed, who are Rugby League power brokers ?

Would probabaly read like the cast of the 3 stooges.

Chipmunk

Coach
IIRC Eels Dally M votes were

Norman 16
Paulo 9
Gordon 7
Gutherson 6

Wondering how Bevan did not get 6 or more points. After all he scored 3 tries in 2 or 3 matches.

Are those 9 points for Junior for the entire season or just the time he was at Parra?

strider

Post Whore
New conspiracy: toddles knew normie was right up there in the dally m's ... couldnt run the risk that cheating parra scum might get the dally m - 8 games out merkin

I will figure out how todd caused world famine later on