What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I dont expect any nominations for Parra players... Bevan not nominated and BA not nominated. Who else do we have?

Forty20

First Grade
I dont expect any nominations for Parra players... Bevan not nominated and BA not nominated. Who else do we have?

Do we still get nominees for the positional awards or do they just name the winner straight out? If we get the shortlist you would think Manu should be there for backrower of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Frizzell under a Decent coach would dominate the game. He's that good and Mary is that bad.

But what would we know the people in the know obviously know more then us, that's what they said when the South board hired Langmack.
Or when the Raiders hired Stuart.

hindy111

Post Whore
It also wasn't long ago Pou that teams where saying you don't need top line props to win a comp.Just a couple o average pigs in the middle.All they are doing is carting the ball up.
All positions these days are just a number. Good coaches us the better players more often and build to the team rosters strength. Is centre more important then Wing? The argument is pointless. Id put it in groups
Forward pack - $$
Halves - $$
Backline $$

I would allocate so much money to each area. You can have an average centre and wing if the other side is more potent. You just use you more potent side more often.Same goes for forwards. The better ones get more runs.

hindy111

Post Whore
On mgregor - The year prior when he took saints into the top 8 everyone was surprised.I mean with that team. This year he finished about where most expected. He just does not have the roster. They are tipped to finish 2nd last next season with the roster they have. Does finished higher then that make him a good coach?

How good a coach is Hasler? Always had good team, never changed the style of his dogs in 5yrs and watched them bump out in finals the last few yrs playing the same boring footy.Does this make him a good or bad coach?

Hands down Bellamy is the best coach we have seen. Love or hate him he is special.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His teams can't attack.
Before going to the Raiders, Ricky Stuart's teams scored the least points in a season for three straight years ('09,'10 and '13). In his three years at Canberra they've finished 11th, 3rd and 1st (by over 100 points) for points scored. I think it's fair to say a team's attack is very dependent on the strength of its roster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do we still get nominees for the positional awards or do they just name the winner straight out? If we get the shortlist you would think Manu should be there for backrower of the year.
I agree Ma'u should be a major contender for Dally M Second Rower (or whatever the position is called) but I reckon everything Parramatta is on the nose for official awards this year.

eels_fan

First Grade
Normy still in the top 6 at the end of round 22 without having played for 2 weeks.

Have no doubt he would have finished top 2 if he had of bought a plastic container..