What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
BRONCOS GUN HOLDS FIRE ON EXTENSION OVER BELLAMY FUTURE

Broncos winger Xavier Coates will delay a decision on a contract extension offer from Brisbane while he awaits Storm coach Craig Bellamy’s call on his future.

NRL.com reported the Broncos are set to offer the 20-year-old an upgraded contract extension, but conjecture surrounding Bellamy’s plans beyond 2021 have thrown a spanner in the works.

The Storm are eyeing Coates as a potential replacement for Bulldogs-bound flyer Josh Addo-Carr, who has signed a four-year-deal at Belmore from next season.

According to NRL.com the Storm have offered Coates at least a two-year-deal, with the Broncos set to revise their two-year offer in a bid to keep Coates at Red Hill.

The Broncos are also locked in key negotiations with centre Kotoni Staggs and halfback Tom Dearden.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/cde3c732971b0807b959428d533279ff

hindy111

Post Whore
How do you know that Hazes hasn't backed himself and is aiming for a better contract for 2023 ?

If he was that confident he wouldn't of rushed to sign on for next year so early. He would of tore it up in NSW cup and plenty of clubs are watching that grade.

TheRam

Coach
At this best he was the best winger in the game, so just being 'past his best' doesn't mean he's no good. He's still better than most wingers.

Not for Fergo money. Fergo is still better value, and dare I say it, if Fergo were to stay, he would have to sign on for less then what he is on now so would make him even better value then most other wingers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not for Fergo money. Fergo is still better value, and dare I say it, if Fergo were to stay, he would have to sign on for less then what he is on now so would make him even better value then most other wingers.
I don't think we want to spend all of Ferguson's current contract on another winger, now that Sivo has (presumably) upgraded.

TheRam

Coach
I don't think we want to spend all of Ferguson's current contract on another winger, now that Sivo has (presumably) upgraded.

Yeah like I said, less then Fergo's current contract, which I think is a real possibility if the reported news that Fergo wants to stay is true. He maybe willing to take less now to stay at a strong club that he is settled in and gets to play with mates and a coach he like.

Incorrect

Coach
The best thing about all this wrangling and player maneuvering is that Parra is now seen as a great destination for quality players who want a sea change to come to.

We can pick them up at value prices while other clubs need to pay overs. I feel good mofos!
A "sea" change at Parra? I had no idea I was living so close to the water!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The best thing about all this wrangling and player maneuvering is that Parra is now seen as a great destination for quality players who want a sea change to come to.

We can pick them up at value prices while other clubs need to pay overs. I feel good mofos!
It does feel like we're starting to play with the big boys in the recruitment/retention space. No more "If you can beat the Roosters' offer by $100k I'm yours."

Gazzamatta

Coach
It does feel like we're starting to play with the big boys in the recruitment/retention space. No more "If you can beat the Roosters' offer by $100k I'm yours."
Obviously we didn't need to Sharp to sign Mooeygreg. Looks like we have some pros now handling such things.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm kinda liking Trent Barret Head Coach V2.0 also failing miserably. I know the roster is weak, but we heard nothing but positive spin about how the Panthers attack last year was all down to him. They look like they couldn't score in a knock shop at the moment... And what do you do when you're struggling to score points? Bring in Lachlan Lewis is NOT the correct Mr Barrett!!!

Latest posts