What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Their problem isn’t going to be attracting a player. It’s depth of available players. Their options are Moses, Reynolds or Brooks. All of whom have been long term at their current clubs (though Reynolds is on outer), 2 of them are enjoying current success at current club, and none of them are from Sydney. And Brooks is arguable for quality

Well, I agree with you on Brooks, he isn't the playmaker I would be going for, but I suppose experience wise he is better then what they currently have. But Reynolds should be their number one priority.

He would make that team sing like a soprano. He is exactly the type of player that would turn that team into a top 4 contender.

Trouble is I don't think that he is willing to move and will go to the Sharks instead. Which I find madness. If I were him and was being forced out of my current club, I would opt for a working holiday adventure. Therefore I would look at the Cowboys or Broncos as my top options.

Look he is 31 years old, he is about to sign what is probably his last NRL contract and he has never lived outside of south east of Sydney(he currently lives in Redfern I believe ffs). What better opportunity will he ever get for him and his young family to work and play in a new city in Australia that can offer such a great lifestyle like either of those two QLD cities can?

He would be treated like a king and get to visit places that he would never have had the time or opportunity if he wasn't living there and he would make new lifelong friends and contacts. That would then allow him at the end of his 2-3 year stint to have a whole now area/city to call home if he wished and buy a home/investments for after football life. This way if he so chose, he could have two places to call home and live part of the year down here in Sydney and probably in the winter months up there in QLD.

To me that is the best outcome for him. He gets to live a life that he would never have had the chance to have done and the experience alone would be worth it. For mine the Cowboys would have been the best place due to the experience of living like a superstar in a large country town atmosphere would have been the best buzz. He would be almost Thurston like to the locals and the bang for his buck would be massive.

But that birdie has now flown, so it only leaves the Broncos, but like I said, I don't think he is the adventurous type and therefore he will sign with the safe and unchallenging(different life) option of the the Sharks.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
If Waqa would just run hard and fast instead of that hop, skip and jump he does he would be better. It fools no one and slows him down.
I’m still looking for an interview I saw with Jerry Rice where he talked about speed and agility running and how keeping your feet on the ground underneath your body allowed you to change direction and accelerate quickly. Bend your knees and use your ass as my old coach used to say.

Nothing to do with sports but.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I’m still looking for an interview I saw with Jerry Rice where he talked about speed and agility running and how keeping your feet on the ground underneath your body allowed you to change direction and accelerate quickly. Bend your knees and use your ass as my old coach used to say.

Nothing to do with sports but.

If your feet are above your body I imagine it'd be pretty hard to run

T-Boon

Coach
I’m still looking for an interview I saw with Jerry Rice where he talked about speed and agility running and how keeping your feet on the ground underneath your body allowed you to change direction and accelerate quickly.

Yep the Greg Drake of the NFL.

84 Baby

Referee
Well, I agree with you on Brooks, he isn't the playmaker I would be going for, but I suppose experience wise he is better then what they currently have. But Reynolds should be their number one priority.

He would make that team sing like a soprano. He is exactly the type of player that would turn that team into a top 4 contender.

Trouble is I don't think that he is willing to move and will go to the Sharks instead. Which I find madness. If I were him and was being forced out of my current club, I would opt for a working holiday adventure. Therefore I would look at the Cowboys or Broncos as my top options.

Look he is 31 years old, he is about to sign what is probably his last NRL contract and he has never lived outside of south east of Sydney(he currently lives in Redfern I believe ffs). What better opportunity will he ever get for him and his young family to work and play in a new city in Australia that can offer such a great lifestyle like either of those two QLD cities can?

He would be treated like a king and get to visit places that he would never have had the time or opportunity if he wasn't living there and he would make new lifelong friends and contacts. That would then allow him at the end of his 2-3 year stint to have a whole now area/city to call home if he wished and buy a home/investments for after football life. This way if he so chose, he could have to places to call home and live part of the year down here in Sydney and probably in the winter months up there in QLD.

To me that is the best outcome for him. He gets to live a life that he would never have had the chance to have done and the experience alone would be worth it. For mine the Cowboys would have been the best place due to the experience of living like a superstar in a large country town atmosphere would have been the best buzz. He would be almost Thurston like to the locals and the bang for his buck would be massive.

But that birdie has now flown, so it only leaves the Broncos, but like I said, I don't think he is the adventurous type and therefore he will sign with the safe and unchallenging(different life) option of the the Sharks.
Is he linked to Sharks? I assumed they were going with Johnson/Moylan.
I reckon Reynolds will go to us or Tigers if we lose either our respective halves, failing that he’ll have to take the Souffs deal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nothing suprises me with the media and Rugby League. The bloke films it illegally and spreads it on social media, a criminal offense, yet the League player is the bad bloke.

"He's a role model, high profile player, needs to be educated, earning the big bucks, blah blah blah"

Pleeeasse!!

I cant believe people film stuff in the toilets.
As long as there's deviants willing to copulate in a public shitter there will be perverts willing to film it and share with other like-minded degenerates.

Queen Victoria wouldn't have put up with it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The jury is out on Walters as a coach, but you would be wrong to under estimating their need of a quality playmaker and what that would do to a team like the Broncos. They are a very, very good young team, that need consistent direction and purpose on the field that they aren't getting at the moment.

Do they need more then that? Yeah a few tweaks here and there, but that can be done with greater precision once you have a playmaker guiding them around out there. They need the confidence that a playmaker will give them and then you can see who is up to it and who isn't. But there aren't to many duds in that team. They just need guidance and experience.
Kicking game is their biggest weakness at the moment. But I reckon Dearden will be a gun. The question is how long that will take.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Kicking game is their biggest weakness at the moment. But I reckon Dearden will be a gun. The question is how long that will take.
I’m not completely sold on Dearden yet. Probably needs a good run of games I guess but anyone who couldn’t get past Croft when Brisbane were utterly rubbish doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Latest posts