What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Believe Miles Martin, imo one of our best young players coming thru our junior system, has been poached by another club. It is those type of players we need to keep, he'll be a super star at another club and play against us instead of for us!
Yeah I heard that also on the TCT Awards Podcast. I dont know the kid but its always disappointing when one is lost that those in the know rate. That said I was reading through the 2021 Predictions Thread and was very surprised to read how many selected Sam Hughes to be the Rookie to make NRL first. He doesn't play a game, nothing is said and now he's gone. Just shows there's a lot of hit and miss.
So far as the Podcast, I shared their thoughts on our NSW Cup team and the disappointment the season was cancelled. I support their choice of Maka Paka as best player. They also shared strong support for El Zakeim and Rodwell which is pretty spot on. Their backs POTY was Jrthur. A full season in the 2s would have been great for him no doubt but my choice would have been Rankin. He was The Man in that team no doubt.

parra pete

Referee
Maybe leave BA and his coaching staff alone..The grass is not always greener on the other side. Just ask the Broncos, Dragons,Wests Tigers,North Queensland and the Bulldogs...Bloody hard to please some of ya....
I can't understand why Ciraldo's star shines so bright? What has he achieved so far, that say a bloke like Garth Brennan didn't?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Believe Miles Martin, imo one of our best young players coming thru our junior system, has been poached by another club. It is those type of players we need to keep, he'll be a super star at another club and play against us instead of for us!

do you have actually knowledgeable of that?

Or just on assumption he hasn’t been name in the SG ball squad ? If so it’s possible he may be in the 21’s squad (which is possible considering he resume / 18 next year / we tend to push promising players up the grades quickly).

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe leave BA and his coaching staff alone..The grass is not always greener on the other side. Just ask the Broncos, Dragons,Wests Tigers,North Queensland and the Bulldogs...Bloody hard to please some of ya....
I can't understand why Ciraldo's star shines so bright? What has he achieved so far, that say a bloke like Garth Brennan didn't?
It would be hard to argue the defensive steel he has bought to The Pennys. Theres been numerous mentions as to how he took them back to basics and totally revamped their D. The players love him. Gus will pinch him to replace Barrett for sure.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Or just on assumption he hasn’t been name in the SG ball squad ? If so it’s possible he may be in the 21’s squad (which is possible considering he resume / 18 next year / we tend to push promising players up the grades quickly).
Was mentioned on The TCT Podcast.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

He's a lock or second rower isn't he? There's thousands of good ones of those.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Lol if they win the comp chances are the coaching staff all get bonuses anyway. No chance he leaves to be an assistant
Sometimes blokes also like being the man in the background. Apparently he's got heaps of young kids, every chance he's happy enough doing what he is doing and not having to cop the pressure of being a head coach. I know my skill set is certainly being a right hand man and not the main man. I hate being in charge.

Gronk

Staff member

A super star !

📌 put a pin in that bold prediction

parra pete

Referee
It would be hard to argue the defensive steel he has bought to The Pennys. Theres been numerous mentions as to how he took them back to basics and totally revamped their D. The players love him. Gus will pinch him to replace Barrett for sure.
Let him have him...The players love Brad at Parra too..

parra pete

Referee
The players loved Todd Payten at Warriors, the Sharkies boys loved Johnny Morris, Hook Griffin was loved at Penrith before they shunted him, Rabbits loved Siebold, ...Everybody loves everybody....until the blow-torch is applied to the belly....Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.....

lingard

Coach
Then again, everyone raved about Barrett's attack coaching when he was at the Panthers. You never know if a very good assistant coach can succeed as a head coach.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Then again, everyone raved about Barrett's attack coaching when he was at the Panthers. You never know if a very good assistant coach can succeed as a head coach.
Yep. Spot on but someone will take a chance with him. If he wants to be a head coach it wont happen while Ivans there. Anyway I reckon if BA was moved on it would be Ryan Carr to replace him. He seemed to be doing an ok job with the 2s.