What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
So fkn sick of players holding the club to fkn ransom when it comes to coaches, I wish they all f**ked off, or learn to be proffesional and appreciate the privileged lifestyle these pricks enjoy!!
What’s the alternative? We could always incorporate the Wests Tigers model and never have a chance of getting to the semis. Employ a new coach like that f**kwit, Madge pay overs for players. Back end their contracts. Sack the coach. Rinse and repeat. Stability is better. This reminds me of the Smithy years. 8/10 years in the semis. Always a chance, excitement and hope in September. Freakin love it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So fkn sick of players holding the club to fkn ransom when it comes to coaches, I wish they all f**ked off, or learn to be proffesional and appreciate the privileged lifestyle these pricks enjoy!!

wouldn’t that tell you that he’s probably doing a better job than what you and others giving him credit for? …in a time where we need to contend with a new club trying to poach your players I think stability is probably the best way to go about prevent it.
im expecting the club to keep most if not all the players they want to keep in the future on the back of retaining the coach.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Gee you're an angry merkin. This is the most baseless post in the history of LU..

Avenger

Immortal
wouldn’t that tell you that he’s probably doing a better job than what you and others giving him credit for? …in a time where we need to contend with a new club trying to poach your players I think stability is probably the best way to go about prevent it.
im expecting the club to keep most if not all the players they want to keep in the future on the back of retaining the coach.
Great point. None of them will leave now. Yes they piss me off at times but it’s still a very solid team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol 2 more years. Well deserved I mean he bleeds blue and gold and is a good bloke. Week 2 is where it’s at for the Parra Board. Enough to make a profit and keep their jobs is all they care about.

Parra’s gain is the Rouse Hill Rhinos loss.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great point. None of them will leave now. Yes they piss me off at times but it’s still a very solid team.
We’ve all heard by the experts on here the team isn’t good enough, but we are happy we were re-signing the same players, coach and coaching staff??? Do we really expect different results???

What have the board seen that says our coach and his staff are capable of us getting to the next level??? This year was further proof Bea and his coaching staff are not the answer. He still has no idea how to manage a bench FFS!!

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
We’ll be making excuses at the end of 2024 when he gets another couple of years with f**k all success

I doubt we will have much success, but I don't think that this is making excuses - the refs robbed us blind in that game.

While I understand that stability is important, I'm not sure whether extending him for two years was a wise move.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What the alternative? Serious question. What would you have done.? I get it, he isn’t the best out there but who is realistically available and could do a better job?
In 2023??? I was happy for him to see out his contract but 2 more further years?? Seriously lol?? GTFOH!!!!

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the league, i speak to plenty of RL Fans who don’t go for the Eels and they can’t believe he still had a job let alone getting extensions. These are people who really know their footy and they are dumbfounded. I just smile and say who knows next year may just be our year while I cry on the inside.

Avenger

Immortal
We’ve all heard by the experts on here the team isn’t good enough, but we are happy we were re-signing the same players, coach and coaching staff??? Do we really expect different results???

What have the board seen that says our coach and his staff are capable of us getting to the next level??? This year was further proof Bea and his coaching staff are not the answer. He still has not idea how to manage a bench FFS!!
The team showed plenty in the back end of the season. We were robbed against Penrith. We win that game and you wouldn’t be so critical.

Avenger

Immortal
In 2023??? I was happy for him to see out his contract but 2 more further years?? Seriously lol?? GTFOH!!!!

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the league, i speak to plenty of RL Fans who don’t go for the Eels and they can’t believe he still had a job let alone getting extensions. These are people who really know their footy and they are dumbfounded. I just smile and say who knows next year may just be our year while I cry on the inside.
I speak to plenty too. Have spoken to some of our players and staff too and they rate him highly. They absolutely cannot cop Flanagan. A couple of board members were thinking about it but were briefed and went with the majority. I’ve said previously unless it was Robinson, Bennett or even Holbrook I’d consider it but they all are either not interested (Bennett and Robinson) or have extended themselves (Holbrook).

So who do you go for ? Name a coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The team showed plenty in the back end of the season. We were robbed against Penrith. We win that game and you wouldn’t be so critical.
Robbed?? Yeah we had calls that didn’t go our way but we had enough ball the last 20 to win 5 games. Our attack is still bog average and it’s like pulling teeth in the opposition 20m. Block and crash plays will not cut it against the top sides.

How many times have you wanted him gone?? Because we fire up in a couple of games all us sweet?? You are easily pleased, that month when we offered SFA and just gave up was more where we are at as a team than a few finals games when it was easy to fire a team up.

The coach was told we needed to improve instead we limped into 6th and went out in week 2 yet again. I think our finish rightfully gave him next year but till 2024??? He is going to be out longest ever serving coach which is absolutely embarrassing and says plenty about the club. Failure and mediocrity is in the walls of this place no wonder why we have the record for the most spoons.

Noise

Coach
I speak to plenty too. Have spoken to some of our players and staff too and they rate him highly. They absolutely cannot cop Flanagan. A couple of board members were thinking about it but were briefed and went with the majority. I’ve said previously unless it was Robinson, Bennett or even Holbrook I’d consider it but they all are either not interested (Bennett and Robinson) or have extended themselves (Holbrook).

I’d be interested to know how our players can not cop Flanagan when they haven’t been coached by him? And Flanagan would bring his own staff so it wouldn’t matter if masterminds like Murphy and Kidwell didn’t like him.

Avenger

Immortal
Robbed?? Yeah we had calls that didn’t go our way but we had enough ball the last 20 to win 5 games. Our attack is still bog average and it’s like pulling teeth in the opposition 20m. Block and crash plays will not cut it against the top sides.

How many times have you wanted him gone?? Because we fire up in a couple of games all us sweet?? You are easily pleased, that month when we offered SFA and just gave up was more where we are at as a team than a few finals games when it was easy to fire a team up.

The coach was told we needed to improve instead we limped into 6th and went out in week 2 yet again. I think our finish rightfully gave him next year but till 2024??? He is going to be out longest ever serving coach which is absolutely embarrassing and says plenty about the club. Failure and mediocrity is in the walls of this place no wonder why we have the record for the most spoons.
I’m far from easily pleased. I’m trying to be rational about it. Name me a better more realistic option.

lucablight

First Grade

We dun goof’d by underachieving and finishing in 6th position. If we had finished fourth or even fifth we end up on the easy side of the draw and are a huge shot to make the grand final and almost certainly make week 3.

Avenger

Immortal
I’d be interested to know how our players can not cop Flanagan when they haven’t been coached by him? And Flanagan would bring his own staff so it wouldn’t matter if masterminds like Murphy and Kidwell didn’t like him.
Why can’t he land a gig somewhere else?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The players can’t cop Flanagan?? Do they know him?? We’re they ever coached by him??

This was the playing group that squibbed it for a whole month which torpedoed our whole season. Who gives a f**k what they think seriously. We all know they love BA because he goes easy on them there is no accountability(unless it’s a young player not named Arthur)no one is every dropped it’s all just rainbows and lollipops with Bea Arthur. Mediocrity at every level.

Latest posts