What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
I would suggest that we would probably need him even more so considering whoever we replaced Mahoney with wouldn't be as good or anywhere near as ready.

Maybe you should think a little before you write.
Except that the guy was a merkin as a player, and a bit of a merkin as a commentator... I probably would have walked too if I was Mahoney, and Ennis (and his fee) was our club's sweetener to my contract offer.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Pay walled so not sure who:

Assuming Bailey from the Raiders but prop from the dogs?

Firefox windows browser > Bypass Paywalls is your friend...

The domino of transfer moves can be revealed in addition to the news that Parramatta have signed former Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden.

Ogden - a hard-running front-rower with 45 NRL-games - has signed a train and trial contract with the Eels.

Ogden’s agent Luke Lombardi confirmed to News Corp the 25-year-old would start with Parramatta on Monday after impressing Eels officials at a medical assessment last week.

“It’s a great move for Ofahiki, he had a number of options, but he feels this opportunity with Parramatta gives him a great chance to further develop his game,’’ Lombardi said.

“He’ll start on Monday and hit the ground running.’’

Let go by the Bulldogs at the end of the 2021 season, Ogden has kept in shape by training with highly-respected sports physician Justin Lang while also committing to several sparring sessions with Paul Gallen.

The next signature the Eels are aiming to secure is Simonsson - with the Raiders eyeing Cotric in-return.

Ultimately, the Bulldogs will determine if the transfers can be secured.

The Bulldogs are eager to offload Cotric from their stressed salary cap.

How much Canterbury are willing to contribute towards the release of Cotric to return to Canberra will dictate if he and Simonsson are on the move in 2022.

It’s believed the Dogs are only willing to contribute $150,000 towards Cotric’s salary for 2022 - a number short of the level of cap-relief the Raiders would need to fit the former NSW Origin winger into their cap.

The Raiders will only sign Cotric if his arrival is without major implications to their current cap.

Secondly, Canberra would only make the move if Simonsson - who has two years left on his contract - is content to join Parramatta, which it’s understood the 23-year-old is.

Originally from Mona Vale, Simonsson is interested in returning to Sydney to be closer to family.

The 45-gamer is viewed by the Eels as a valuable inclusion following the departure of outside backs Blake Ferguson and Michael Oldfield.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This guy??

rick james cocaine GIF

Some good articles in both the Tele and smh and it’s BA doing all the talking. Even though I wanted him gone at the end of another failed season he spoke really well, said the right things. My only question is where is our CEO or head of football trolley boy ? Why is it left up to the coach to handle the media. Cowards!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some good articles in both the Tele and smh and it’s BA doing all the talking. Even though I wanted him gone at the end of another failed season he spoke really well, said the right things. My only question is where is our CEO or head of football trolley boy ? Why is it left up to the coach to handle the media. Cowards!
Must be 2016 all over again

lingard

Coach
Different team, different story, or is it a different perception?
Storm have lost 3 very good players in Finucine, Haynes and JAC and only replaced JAC with probably a better player, plus have ageing props, so imo will be far weaker next year. Additionally after having such a great season they failed big time in the finals (not mentioned in the papers like Parra would have been if it was us) and not even making the g/f. Imo their retention is just as shitty, if not more so, as us as they have lost nearly every player off contract whereas we have lost 4 (very good) players out of 10 or so.
Interesting point.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep. There's still a chance that we will fold and match the Bulldogs' stupid offer. The fans will be happy but it won't necessarily be a good thing that we keep him on overs. Same with Gutherson.
Wait a minute, so $650 a year is a stupid offer??? Yet 2 weeks ago you said this in response to someone saying he was a done deal to the dogs at $2.4 over 4 years…

He's worth at least that much to us. He'd be worth more to the Dogs. $600k is probably unders for Mahoney.
You certainly do like to change your story midway through to align yourself with whatever decision the club makes.

Wally21

Bench
I think every player will chase the coin.

No doubt Moses is earning more with us now, than he did while at Wests.

My only issue is that Papali'i, Mahoney, and Niukore are all contracted to us for 2022, but won't be with us in 2023 - I think this system needs to change.

If players leave to chase a deal too good to refuse, then good on them - but it shouldn't be coming more than a year away imo.
Couldn’t agree more Eele. It’s ridiculous that we have to watch guys run out next year knowing that they have already signed with other teams.
the system is flawed. I blame that absolute gibberer Terry Hill. About time the NRL stop changing the game rules and fix up the clusterf**k that is contracts.