What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Tabuai-Fidow
4. Penisini
5. Blake
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Hodgson
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Harawira-Naera
13. Matterson
14. Rein
15. Cartwright
16. Hopgood
17. Klemmer/Taupau

If we can manage to pull together a team like this we're arguably a better team than 2020, 2021 and 2022. Also, I love what I've been seeing from Hopgood looks like we've got a good one. Also, think Hodgo is an underrated signing he adds some smarts to our team.

eels_fan

First Grade
We offload brown and we should have $800k plus available given we apparently have the money to retain Papallii. Plus the cap is said to be going up by $1.5m. So that’s over $2m to spend for 2023. It’s obvious upgrades will occur for Moses and Brown out of that, but there still should be considerable money to attract and refresh the roster

Gronk

Staff member
News Ltd have published the results of their 2022 player salary guessing competition.

$500k was the cut-off.

89 Waqa Blake $510k
75 Ryan Matterson $600k
69 Nathan Brown $600k
63 Jnr Barlow $650k
60 Dylan Brown $650k | $800k in 2023
34 RCG $750k
25 Gutho $800k
10 Mitch Moses $950k

============================

44 Josh Hodgson $720k in 2022

Chipmunk

Coach
We offload brown and we should have $800k plus available given we apparently have the money to retain Papallii. Plus the cap is said to be going up by $1.5m. So that’s over $2m to spend for 2023. It’s obvious upgrades will occur for Moses and Brown out of that, but there still should be considerable money to attract and refresh the roster
Where have you heard this? There is no way the cap is going to be $11m next year.

Where have you heard this? There is no way the cap is going to be $11m next year.

The NRL have said nothing. Brent Read has said this:

Journalist Brent Read however revealed the salary cap is set to rise by $1.5 million at least for 2023 and beyond.

“We should say the cap hasn’t been set for next year and it will go up,” Read said.

“There is a big meeting on Thursday between the NRL and the club CEO’s about the salary cap.

“I think it will go up to at least $12 million next year.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...e/news-story/6a1847d1190f1f8ee8ab27bfb9a35157

Chipmunk

Coach
Wow, obviously I missed this during my week long sojourn to Phuket.

This changes the entire competition increasing it by that much over an off season with little warning. We could've kept our entire team if we'd known this.

You can't run a professional comp and do this. It would seem that some clubs are aware of this already and others aren't.

gaffer

Juniors

This changes the entire competition increasing it by that much over an off season with little warning. We could've keep our entire team if we'd known this.

You can't run a professional comp and do this. It would seem that some clubs are aware of this already and others aren't.
the nrl hate us too that's why they give us a shit draw year after year

Chipmunk

Coach
the nrl hate us too that's why they give us a shit draw year after year
We had a pretty decent draw last year.

This year I think the NRL manipulated the draw so the Top 6 from 2021 all had harder draws than the majority of the other 10 sides.

This changes the entire competition increasing it by that much over an off season with little warning. We could've kept our entire team if we'd known this.

Well, how much of Mr Read's assertion is true is another question.

And the better players often have provisions in their contract to give them a rise if the cap goes up within their contract. So I doubt the situation will be as simple as 'all clubs have an extra $1.5m to spend for next year'.

hindy111

Post Whore
You can't lift the cap now. Penrith lost Kikau and Korisau balancing it. We lost Papali'i and Mahoney. Ridiculous.
We should be able to sue.

I actualy am warming to Rams idea of throwing Suali 1million and see if he comes

Latest posts