What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well if people comment on that then they'll stop talking about the other thing and having all their stupid defamatory posts deleted

either that, or I lock this

84 Baby

Referee
Well, how much of Mr Read's assertion is true is another question.

And the better players often have provisions in their contract to give them a rise if the cap goes up within their contract. So I doubt the situation will be as simple as 'all clubs have an extra $1.5m to spend for next year'.
I think NRL disallowed ratcheting clauses in last CBA

I think NRL disallowed ratcheting clauses in last CBA
Well, they've tried it a few times. Not sure if they've been successful, and they can't override existing contracts.

From April this year:
The Panthers have secured Nathan’s services on a deal worth $1.1 million a season, however a ratchet clause will be inserted into the deal to ensure his pay goes up with the salary cap when the NRL finalises its 2023-2027 collective bargaining agreement later this year.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/iv...rs-until-the-end-of-2027-20220412-p5ad0o.html

butch82

Juniors
hoops on 360 tonight mentioned that michael maguire was seen having coffee with phil gould couple weeks back n then last week B Arthur.

Eelogical

Referee
something about a certain fullback, must have deleted a million posts tonight, some people, particularly in the NRL forum aren't gonna make it through the night
Yeah, I figured what the deleted posts would be about. I was just offering a constructive alternative on what some could do with their Monday night.

Chipmunk

Coach
Chammas said on 100% footy that Papali’i has committed to the Tigers. Great job by the club to let one of our premier backrowers walk by lowballing him and then realising they dun goof’d too late.
He's not worth to us what the Tigers are paying him. I'd rather someone who can defend and run into gaps instead of straight into the closest players he can find.

Latest posts