What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
You know this decision by Matterson just demonstrates what a difficult job football departments staff and management have, in having to deal with these petulant merkins and their f**kstick dodgy used car salesmen managers.

I'm not just singling out Matterson, or Parra players, I'm referring to all clubs. The stronger clubs seem to be able to control it better than others, but even the Storm's culture seems to have turned to shit after the departures of Smith, Slater and Cronk.

The Top 10-15 paid players in every NRL team doesn't know how good they've got it. They would struggle to get a job that pays 1/4 of the amount in the real world, and for employers that couldn't give a flying f**k about their personal situations or beliefs.

The majority of them would be labouring on building sites, picking fruit or on the f**ken rock n roll.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Not paying the fine is a f**k you to the NRL.

I don't agree with it, but it is.
No it's not. The fine goes back to the players anyway. If he genuinely thought he was wrongly charged he had every opportunity to fight it. If he lost it still showed that he actually believed in what he was fighting. As it stands he is happy with the 3 week suspension, which is one of the options the NRL suggested and in turn is a big f**k you to his team mates. His only motivation is money. He won't last until the end of this new contract.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m sorry he didn’t think he should of been charged so he’s not paying the fine, if you didn’t do anything wrong right it then fight it you right arsed merkin!!

Soto

Bench
It's both.
I don't like the fact someone in the club has supported that decision. Fight it FFS.
I would rather the club go ok, yep we do agree with you and it's fkd but let's contest this...get a downgrade.
It's exactly why the NRL admin is so far behind the AFL which I can't stand but the NRL continues to play favourites with non citing of players, reduced punishments, no punishments, week to week misrepresentation of the rules by all the officials. Policy on the run. Certain clubs are well and truly looked after. It's so blatantly obvious.
Officially a sh%t show but we still love the game. We are the only fools here..

Happy MEel

First Grade
There are quite a lot of articles on social media now and he has elaborated, decided to accept the ban rather than appeal.

He seems to be all about team Matterson rather than team Parramatta.
He can be on Team Centrelink line as far as I’m concerned.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No it's not. The fine goes back to the players anyway. If he genuinely thought he was wrongly charged he had every opportunity to fight it. If he lost it still showed that he actually believed in what he was fighting. As it stands he is happy with the 3 week suspension, which is one of the options the NRL suggested and in turn is a big f**k you to his team mates. His only motivation is money. He won't last until the end of this new contract.

The fine goes back to the player, at the conclusion of his career.

Fighting it gives him the chance to get away without punishment, but it also gives him the chance to not get away without punishment, and he'd have to pay representation costs.

It's a no-brainer, really.

I think people are making more of this out of it than necessary.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's funny how we always say during the season, when one of our players is charged, that we shouldn't bother fighting it, because we're not wearing a Storm, Roosters, or Panthers jersey - but now, all of a sudden, that tune has changed, and Matterson should have fought the charge...

I don't like it, but it's pretty clear that - as perceivably selfish as it may appear - the decision is aimed at the NRL.

Soto

Bench
Apparently the players will be getting all the fines back when they retire.

Like seriously, how dumb are some of these stupid merkins
Crikey. Explains why NAS and JWH pay their fines. They are going to be mega rich when they retire. They have paid out millions in fines 😜

Soto

Bench
It's funny how we always say during the season, when one of our players is charged, that we shouldn't bother fighting it, because we're not wearing a Storm, Roosters, or Panthers jersey - but now, all of a sudden, that tune has changed, and Matterson should have fought the charge...

I don't like it, but it's pretty clear that - as perceivably selfish as it may appear - the decision is aimed at the NRL.
I agree mate but nothing to lose and everything to gain by fighting it and getting downgraded

oldmancraigy

Coach
Huh? It says f**k you team mates. A f**k you to the NRL would be fighting the charge and winning

Doesn't it say that he trusts his team mates?

How do you guys know he hasn't taken the suspension with their blessing as a protest?

If we go 0-3 to start the year because Matto misses the first 3 games, then we have WAY bigger problems than Matto missing 3 games....

I'd prefer he pays the fine and plays the game. But it is farcical that he even got charged for that. I agree it was a penalty, but that's about it