What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Im not sure how big he is but from his picture he doesn’t look big enough to be a linebacker.

Running back, maybe.
Combine the defence of a linebacker, who normally are the best tacklers, with the speed and ability to play what’s in front of them like a RB, then I could see a hooker coming from that.

In saying that, I have no idea if he’s good at any of those things.
I’d say most NFL players played running back when they were kids. It would be where junior teams stick their best player. Like ‘five eight’ in junior rugby league.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’d say most NFL players played running back when they were kids. It would be where junior teams stick their best player. Like ‘five eight’ in junior rugby league.

Either that or QB. Depends on the skill sets.
The best athletes would play some combination of running back, wide receiver or cornerback. They would have the speed and strength to just dominate those positions.

The players who are too big for those positions but still have some speed get put at linebacker, safety or tight end.

The big, fat merkins have one choice - offensive line.

dogs park GIF by Sebaldo

Delboy

First Grade
Not as much as hating the mushroom eared turncoat hooker for lying to our most precious, pro and ‘parra can do no wrong’ eels fan!
Well, he also lied to the senior players and others in the club, I continue to delight in watching him miss tackles, get pushed back and basically look bad. Can’t think of any other ex player that I look at in that way.

84 Baby

Referee
Depends what you mean by kids. Stars at primary/young high school age would definitely play quarterback, but by quarterback think Nelson in Simpsons

nelson-simpsons.gif

Which is old school quarterback, which is very running back like

Soto

Bench
Hopefully the 12 hookers we've now signed will also result in converting one into an outstanding wing or centre...
Some would say the more hookers the better

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Either that or QB. Depends on the skill sets.
The best athletes would play some combination of running back, wide receiver or cornerback. They would have the speed and strength to just dominate those positions.

The players who are too big for those positions but still have some speed get put at linebacker, safety or tight end.

The big, fat merkins have one choice - offensive line.
In kids footy though, there is such a wide range of ability levels that a future NFL standard defensive lineman (statistically the only one on his team) or LB might still carry the ball on offence. Even in the NFL, think of the freakish William Perry scoring a couple of touchdowns as a RB. Extrapolate that to his childhood with relatively weaker team mates and opponents and he might’ve scored a bunch every week.