What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
The separation between BA and MON hasnt helped. That should never have been allowed. Crazy. BA has too much power and hes not qualified for it. If there arent serious meetings happening today then there will never be. Dont tell us BA you "dont need someone to hold your hand." Clearly you do!
This is the first time I can remember BA really ripping into the team. Based on that I'm assuming that he has been told to get the team performing otherwise he'll be on the unemployment queue at year end, and its about time. Regardless the club should be talking to Bennett for next year irrespective of where we end up. It is probably since 2010 since he won a premiership, and it might be behind him now, but he can certainly identify talent and knows speed is the key to having a good team. With him we mightn't win a premiership but the team would certainly perform better until we get another coach to take over from him.

Gazzamatta

Coach
True, but I can see why players might not like his “intensity”.

Part time coach vs Nov to Oct ?
Yeah. Undecided on Madge probably biassed by his Tales from Tiger Town exposure and his lack of success there. He seems perfectly suited as a Rep Coach. In and out.
Suspicion is that he dosent relate to the Tic Tok Generation. Who knows.
I do know we need change however so if our knowledgeable board and management deem him appropriate then why the fu*k not.
Id prefer Holbrook personally in combination with Wayne initially.
Probably a pipe dream though.

Glenneel

Bench
Easier to come into nrl then. Players across park where not physically as big compared to now. And players develop differently physically. Blaize also spent a lot of time last year injured.
Is he that good? I see a first grader but unsure the ceiling.
Russel looks average to me. Ceiling is similar to Dunster. Goof back up/average starter
Russell is solid without being a standout. He might be better if we played an expansive game but we don't so catches a cold on the edge. Has all the attributes to be a good winger but our coach is hopeless at developing him further.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.

As for the intensity, yes, I do agree that Madge is intense - but I think that's what a winning culture is built off.
Because his NRL coaching career seems to be all intensity and low on invitation or adaptation. He seems to go well with a top tier squad, but not so good with building a squad or bringing the best out of a squad that is not gifted with the best players.

So far his best success has been taking on a very good Wigan, Souths team and coaching a very good NZ team. Away from that anecdotal feedback is that he’s a hot head with not much else to offer AND in the end he just pisses people off.

BTW I don’t think that throw away lines from some like “well Belly is an angry merkin, so….” is very helpful. Clearly we are aware that the Storm guy has considerable and proven talents outside his intensity.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Glenneel

Bench
Gutherson’s secret injury revealed as Eels review Darwin deal

Parramatta captain Clint Gutherson is playing through the pain of a knee injury that required fluid to be drained from it just to take the field in Darwin as the Eels review whether Friday’s horror trip to the Top End should be their last.
The club’s finals hopes could be all but over within a month after another second-half capitulation, this time to the Dolphins, to heap further pressure on Brad Arthur

.Arthur’s position is safe for now, but even he would admit the pressure will be right on if there are further capitulations like the one against the Dolphins, as well as the Raiders earlier this month.

The No.1 barely trained in the Top End during the week, and not for the first time required fluid drained from his knee on game day.
He underwent surgery on his right knee over the summer, but has continued to experience problems and chronic pain.
Painkilling injections do not help, while fans would have noticed him grimace in pain when he kicked the final goal

The Eels are contracted to play one game per season in the Northern Territory until the end of next year, but the club is considering whether it remains a prudent move to keep taking games to the region after Friday’s devastating loss.
The relationship has been financially rewarding and Darwin proved a happy hunting ground in its early years. However, the blue and golds have conceded 105 points in their last three “home” games in the Northern Territory – all against Queensland teams – and scored just 36.
The trip, against opponents more accustomed to the tropical conditions, has been a physically taxing one that limits the team’s ability to prepare for their next assignment.
“As is the case with anything in the normal course of business, it’s something we need to reflect on and review,” said Parramatta chief executive Jim Sarantinos.
The immediate issue for Arthur is there are no troops ready to replace the players who were so disappointing against the Dolphins.
There has been a push for Ethan Sanders to be given a debut in the halves, but there remain concerns about him being physically ready.
The Raiders on Monday made a three-year offer to Sanders, which he is expected to take up for the start of 2025
And we have no obvious replacement for Gutho. Pretty well par for course for this club, 3 years and no replacements for ANY players in the spine except Asi. Extremely poor roster management.

Gronk

Staff member
And we have no obvious replacement for Gutho. Pretty well par for course for this club, 3 years and no replacements for ANY players in the spine except Asi. Extremely poor roster management.
I am guessing that AMS would have been the next man up if not for his knee explosion.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Because his NRL coaching career seems to be all intensity and low on invitation or adaptation. He seems to go well with a top tier squad, but not so good with building a squad or bringing the best out of a squad that is not gifted with the best players.

So far his best success has been taking on a very good Wigan, Souths team and coaching a very good NZ team. Away from that anecdotal feedback is that he’s a hot head with not much else to offer AND in the end he just pisses people off.

BTW I don’t think that throw away lines from some like “well Belly is an angry merkin, so….” is very helpful. Clearly we are aware that the Storm guy has consierable and proven talents outside his intensity.

View attachment 86876

It wasn't a throwaway line to Bellamy.

It was more a comment that we don't have too many players with that sort of intensity, or passion, and having a coach with that attitude is probably going to add steel to the side.

Gronk

Staff member
It wasn't a throwaway line to Bellamy.

It was more a comment that we don't have too many players with that sort of intensity, or passion, and having a coach with that attitude is probably going to add steel to the side.
Well the successful coaches other than Belly like Clint Eastwood and Ivan Cleary and rising star Andrew Webster etc have steel in their teams and don’t throw chairs around. So maybe there’s more to it ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But earlier in this same thread you stated that the coach is responsible for every loss.
I said to you that is a weird conclusion to draw.
Yes it would be a weird conclusion to draw. Perhaps it's just coincidence that the forum erupts with calls to sack the coach whenever we lose but goes silent when we win. If he needs to go the result doesn't matter does it?

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Yes it would be a weird conclusion to draw. Perhaps it's just coincidence that the forum erupts with calls to sack the coach whenever we lose but goes silent when we win. If he needs to go the result doesn't matter does it?
Lol....going silent doesn't mean we suddenly don't want him sacked....

For the record, we can pull off a miracle and win every game from here to the GF and smash Panthers in the GF by 68-nil, and I would still want the dopey bald, bare footed, bush coach bogan sacked.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He walked toward me in Centennial Park the other week. School sport meant that the park was full of touch football players and parents. He was walking towards me and I looked up and thought hey that’s whatshisface. His look back to me was “I am going to rip your head off and shit down your neck f**ker”. Dude it was 8am on Saturday morning. Get a coffee FFS.
He's probably read your posting history on LU.

Delboy

First Grade
Looking at what we have as a short handed roster, I’ll make the following comment . The recruitment manager recruits, and the coach does exactly that.
The set up that we seem to have puts the final decisions etc on the actual signings is to a 3 headed monster that doesn’t contain the coach. Obviously there are issues with style of play and a limited tactical set up, but going into a second season without a full roster isnt that clever, and added to that an inadequate number of backs signed.
The whole setup needs to be reviewed and it’s time to understand that the issues of the previous board etc have been rectified and to become more progressive.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA has to go straight away, period 😘, and I'm absolutely sick of the clown ba excusing supporters, who excuse the bush coach saying he hasn't been given the team to succeed, That's f**king bullshit. The coach has the final say on what players he wants in his team and is part of r and r, & after 11 years the clowns 🤡 are still saying that he doesn't have the tools to work with lol.
Michael Maguire won a premiership after three years with Souths. Was it his team? In three years with Wests he didn't even make the finals. Was that his team? Even more interesting, he missed the finals in his fifth and sixth years with Souths. Was that even more his team than the grand final winning squad he had after three years? Which were his teams and which weren't? How could he build a premiership winning squad within three years at Souths but after six it couldn't make the finals? How come he couldn't even make the finals at Wests after three years? Why don't you f**kEN THINK FFS?!?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
See I think this is a problem, how many people have said anyone would be better than BA ?

Be careful what you wish for, this guy is not the trump card in my opinion, may as well get Hagen back
There's half a dozen coaches better than Arthur and hundreds who are worse. Maguire is one of those.

Latest posts