What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Who knows. Most fans woukd want to see improvement acroos the grade, recruiting and attitude on NRL. On here they judge a little more harshly.

Sure, everyone can see that. But whining about it like everyone does on here, is like a greek mother telling her 27yo daughter that she should be married by now - everyone frigging day.

Solutions are much harder to find. What is easy is for me to predict that nobody on here will agree on what needs to to be done and when it is done, merkins will whinge about it.

Doing nothing is not not likely by a board full of successful movers and shakers like ours , so interesting times ahead. They won’t be sitting on their hands after those Tigers, Raiders, Fins games.
It's very exciting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which is why we should move to secure someone who can get over the hurdle, and win the damn thing.
Well I disagree that there's some sort of hurdle that can be overcome with coaching. Wayne Bennett has lost loads of grand finals. So has Bellamy. Were they 'unable' to get over the hurdle when they lost but 'able' to when they won? Does losing these games prove anything at all? I reckon with Bennett or Bellamy we still lose in 2022. With either of them we could've won an extra game last year and made the eight but we weren't winning four straight finals matches no matter how good our coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
CLUBS HUNGRY FOR ANGUS

Former Origin and Kangaroos forward Angus Crichton has been one of the Roosters better and more consistent players this year.

His form has attracted the interest of rival clubs, including St George-Illawarra. There’s also a whisper the Parramatta Eels might be interested.

There has also been interest from French rugby union, although there has been no concrete offer.

Given we only have nuffies off contract this year I'm surprised we could fit Lomax under the 2025 cap. How could we also fit Crichton in? I think "whispers" about the Parramatta Eels is code for clickbait.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you are saying that this squad is performing at the highest of its ability??
There are definitely players out of form but given their ages it's possible their current form is actually the new normal for them.

Gutherson
Sivo
Moses
Paulo
RCG
Cartwright
Lane
Matterson

All either injured or well below their best this year, and all turning 30 or 31. @hindy111 was right. We should've rebuilt after 2022.
I'm done with this nutcase. I never thought I would put anyone on ignore, but I can't read this crap anymore. You need psychiatric help.
Sounds like projection

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are totally weird.

You say every loss is the coach's fault, and yet coaching isn't the problem

Talk about captain troll.

Unless instead you are a hypocrite and put words in people's mouths?
Look at the context. I am replying to trolls who say nOtHiNg Is ThE CoAcH's FaUlT!!!1! To them I say eVeRyThInG iS tHe CoAcH's FaUlT!!!!!!1

If you're only going to call me out over this you can f**k off too.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Look at the context. I am replying to trolls who say nOtHiNg Is ThE CoAcH's FaUlT!!!1! To them I say eVeRyThInG iS tHe CoAcH's FaUlT!!!!!!1

You were replying to me.

I never said it was all the coaches fault. But I don't think that absolves the coach of responsibility either.

So you admit you were putting words in my mouth (and thus being a hypocrite)?

Also - completely unrelated matter to reflect on. Do you think people reply to you to at all about anything footy related, or just because they are bored and want some fun playing with you?
It could be interpreted as you pigeon-holing yourself into that position years ago.

Go on, fire up then. LOL.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Who knows. Most fans woukd want to see improvement acroos the grade, recruiting and attitude on NRL. On here they judge a little more harshly.

Sure, everyone can see that. But whining about it like everyone does on here, is like a greek mother telling her 27yo daughter that she should be married by now - every frigging day.

Solutions are much harder to find. What is easy is for me to predict that nobody on here will agree on what needs to to be done and when it is done, merkins will whinge about it.

Doing nothing is not not likely by a board full of successful movers and shakers like ours , so interesting times ahead. They won’t be sitting on their hands after those Tigers, Raiders, Fins games.
The journey of one thousand miles starts with a single step.

hindy111

Post Whore
There are definitely players out of form but given their ages it's possible their current form is actually the new normal for them.

Gutherson
Sivo
Moses
Paulo
RCG
Cartwright
Lane
Matterson

All either injured or well below their best this year, and all turning 30 or 31. @hindy111 was right. We should've rebuilt after 2022.

Sounds like projection

Lane had one good year and we handed him a 4yr contract.
Guys like him 2yrs or let them walk. 3yrs for guys like RCG and JNR
4YRS ONLY FOR SPINE PLAYERS OR PROVEN FORWARD UNDER 27

I'd rather pay overs for a shorter contract and keep them hungry or the ability to piss them off in a year or so.

hindy111

Post Whore

Sure, everyone can see that. But whining about it like everyone does on here, is like a greek mother telling her 27yo daughter that she should be married by now - every frigging day.

Becuase our decisions have been mind boggling really. New coach won't change much because our squad is set and in decline. New coach needs min 3 or 4 yrs. Ricky Stuart would of won us a comp in my honest opinion with the squad and jnr base we have.

You also love to call out people on winging but you mostly annoy people on here cause you have this attitude that you are always right.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I disagree that there's some sort of hurdle that can be overcome with coaching. Wayne Bennett has lost loads of grand finals. So has Bellamy. Were they 'unable' to get over the hurdle when they lost but 'able' to when they won? Does losing these games prove anything at all? I reckon with Bennett or Bellamy we still lose in 2022. With either of them we could've won an extra game last year and made the eight but we weren't winning four straight finals matches no matter how good our coach.

They've lost loads of Grand Finals, but they've also won heaps, too.

Making it in 2022 was amazing, but the club has regressed since then, rather than building from it.

Delboy

First Grade
Even the Dogs have more speed in the backline than we have , failure to recruit is so obvious and how within our club does it seem to either be unnoticed or condoned. Someone in that area is not paying attention to how the game is evolving, or do speedsters get paid too much to fit in the value for position that we seem to favour.

JokerEel

Coach
Even the Dogs have more speed in the backline than we have , failure to recruit is so obvious and how within our club does it seem to either be unnoticed or condoned. Someone in that area is not paying attention to how the game is evolving, or do speedsters get paid too much to fit in the value for position that we seem to favour.

It reminds me when Brian Smith went and signed big players and that plan went pair shaped..

Gronk

Staff member
Becuase our decisions have been mind boggling really. New coach won't change much because our squad is set and in decline. New coach needs min 3 or 4 yrs. Ricky Stuart would of won us a comp in my honest opinion with the squad and jnr base we have.

You also love to call out people on winging but you mostly annoy people on here cause you have this attitude that you are always right.
Well I rarely make actual predictions about footy and never pretend that I am the best judge of talent or anything rugby league, so what I am supposedly always right about ?

pazzaeel

Juniors
is it speed? everyone keeps saying we lack speed but whilst it is part of the problem, i am more concerned about the enthusiasm and aggression that our backs run with. if you take both the dolphins and the raiders games - look at their backlines, they are essentially a bunch of unknowns, but the aggression and enthusiasm they play with, especially when they get a sniff of a retreating defence or staggered defensive line is something we dont have. who the f*** was the dolphins fullback on friday night? he was about 5ft tall and 60kgs and he was running it back like he was 6ft and 100kg.

the other thing I am finding concerning of late is the lack of support play at the line. Brown and Hopgood and to a lesser extent paulo and lane often have arms free but there is no one ever there running off them.