What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matto doesn’t still bust tackles though does he? Hes been quite unremarkable playing there hasn’t he?
The last tackle busting edge players game from memory was Kelma.

Sigh.
The problem is our attack inside the 20m zone doesn't allow for edge back rowers to bust into holes.

There is too much sideways movement and too many players flat footed when doing a play.

Not enough in motion. You can see it at the ground. Everyone standing still waiting for the ball.

Now Moses is guilty I reckon as well in some games getting too caught up in going sideline to sideline and we look ordinary.

We rarely look to isolate an opposition half to get the back rowers 1 on 1 on the edge.

Certainly since Papali'i left.

King-Gutho94

Coach
His form has dropped off a cliff though. Is 31 too old for the modern game? It shouldn’t be.
Reg has given us good service but let's be realistic he won't be around when we are in our next premiership window unless he plans on playing to he is 35.

I would happily see him go off to the UK after 2025 and let him enjoy his last few years over there. He will be 32 once his contract expires.

It's probably easier to let him go and keep Junior even though Junior is playing worse because no club is going to want to pay Junior anywhere near the money he is getting and I don't think Paulo wants to go to the UK.

Where Reg apprantley does.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant see the other explanations but that may be my blind spot.

To me, he seems to often take clearly ludicrous positions simply to maintain a constant contrariness and opposition to any other view.

Fair enough and you're entitled to your opinion

For the most part, I agree with his logic but like everyone else here I don't agree with everything he, or anyone else, says.

That's how forums work, if we all agreed on everything, this place would be pretty dull.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think so mate. The fact a handful of these dickheads continually call me a troll shows it’s a concerted effort to isolate me and encourage others not to engage. When it doesn’t work they get frustrated and call out the people willing (able) to have rational discussion. You are no doubt about to be called an enabler. The playbook is more tired than BA’s supposed tactics.

no shit

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think so mate. The fact a handful of these dickheads continually call me a troll shows it’s a concerted effort to isolate me and encourage others not to engage. When it doesn’t work they get frustrated and call out the people willing (able) to have rational discussion. You are no doubt about to be called an enabler. The playbook is more tired than BA’s supposed tactics.

You're being attacked. You need to form an alliance.
How much money do you have?

Delboy

First Grade
Let’s face it, Hooper, Ritchie and Crawley are basically yesterdays men, they feed off social media and rarely are they seen anywhere near players or coaches. Anything they suggest is pure speculation and actually believe the Slothfield has more contacts and likely to be closer to the truth than most.

That’s how far journalist standards have fallen, reality I suspect is that we need to move a few players on to give real room under the cap to make some backline signings. There are definitely some promising forwards coming through, not so much in the sparse backline numbers.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let’s face it, Hooper, Ritchie and Crawley are basically yesterdays men, they feed off social media and rarely are they seen anywhere near players or coaches. Anything they suggest is pure speculation and actually believe the Slothfield has more contacts and likely to be closer to the truth than most.

That’s how far journalist standards have fallen, reality I suspect is that we need to move a few players on to give real room under the cap to make some backline signings. There are definitely some promising forwards coming through, not so much in the sparse backline numbers.
It amazes me why are print journalists bigger wankers then reporters.

You have quality people like Jelisa Apps, Lara Pitt, Jake Duke who do quality journalism around the game with no agendas whatsoever then in comparison you have these bafoons at News Corp who all they want to do is bag the game and its product.

The likes of Christian Nicolussi, Adam Pengilly who are print media are able to do there jobs without agendas and slagging off people in the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
RCG is off contract before Paulo. I doubt anyone senior will be leaving before their contracts are up. They always want to “stay and help the boys” and their wallets.
Great culture built by the previous coach huh?? Im just glad we don’t pay overs otherwise we’d be screwed.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I see, then by that metric that would make Hudson Young the worst backrower in the game. Maybe yesterday's hero.

Hudson's shit i dont rate him. 3 origin games reaffirmed my view NSW didnt win any of them and he had a more negative effect at crucial times in those origins.

Plus he is a 2 x eye gouger which is one lowest things to do on a field outside of King-hitting a bloke.