What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Im pretty sure I read he will be top30 next year. Knights have big wrap on him. 6'5 and 106kgs at 18 years old.

Well the time to pounce is freakin now then and do a Penrith. We will be needing a gun fullback in a couple of years or so and he will be ready by then and in the mean time we offer him a wing or centre position first up. He could take some of Blaize's money.

But we have The Glacier in the house.

TheRam

Coach
Coming off an ACL the expectations for Penisini 2.0 are going to have be measured.

Anyone thinking he will waltz in and be a gun from day dot are kidding themselves.

The injury has probably set everything back 12 months and not getting the chance play against men and used to 24 weeks of rugby league grind in a season.

Is he even touted as being better or just as good as his brother?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gould doesn’t think our ‘aging squad’ is an issue. Reckons that most players at that age are still close to their peak and halves are just approaching it.
Moses is reaching peak now as a playmaker the next 4 or 5 years will be his best.

Just hope he doesn't spend 16 games on the sideline through injuries again.

84 Baby

Referee
We have plenty of starters. Nine of them made a grand final less than two years ago. Two others played Origin this year.
I was exaggerating but even of all the ones who played in GF, who cares? They’re currently presiding over us 50/50 getting another spoon, so we need to look if they are going to improve us in future or not. Currently I have Lomax, Moses, Hopgood and maybe RCG but cost is pushing that. I’ve got high hopes for Guymer, and I think Hands can fill a role. That’s 6 of 17 at best I have any confidence of improving us. Where do you propose we just buy the other 11?

TheRam

Coach
I don't think we'll be hopeless next season. Just need to find 2 or 3 players

Exactly Hindy. Ryles just needs to get them fit(real Storm-Dogs-Panthers FIT!) and if he has presence as a coach who the players can respond positively to and we somehow manage to offload the dead wood we actually want to offload and sign 2 or 3 decent players and we can avoid to many injuries and or suspensions, then next season should be quite a good one and a real turn around.

But even though these things aren't in the outrageously impossible category of possibilities, do we have enough of the right people in place to make all that happen? Somehow I don't think we do.

As long as The Glacier is there we will continue to struggle to get the talent we need.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would say get rid of your manager but he seems to be incompetent so the club is actually doing well here!

View attachment 91899
His Manager was the old recruitment officer Anthony Field wasnt he and not the blue wiggle one.

Might explain the incompetence we have in that department for a long time and now we have Ben Rogers another A-Grade dope.

We move from one clown to another clown.

MikeE7

Juniors
Moses is reaching peak now as a playmaker the next 4 or 5 years will be his best.

Just hope he doesn't spend 16 games on the sideline through injuries again.

I'm wishing that Moses retires from rep footy to focus on a premiership with Parra....he has now won an origin decider in Qld, he has had 2 pretty serious injuries now from origin, a few years ago with the back break and now with the bicep.

I know we get the benefit of him coming back a better player when he's in origin camp but he's nearly 30 and if he wants to be the man responsible for bringing a premiership to Parra then I feel that should be at the expense of origin.

TheRam

Coach
Why is the club to blame ? It's the player manager who has f**ked up. The club has done a perfect job with Charlie, locking him in for 2 years on stuff all....have sook Field!!

Bet you Field/Charlie wouIdnt be asking for permission if he had done his acl rather than ankle.....eels 1 field 0

The club is to blame due to being so poorly run that nearly every decent merkin we produce can have their heads turned so easily by better offers by other clubs and don't care to wait and bide their time like at the better run clubs.

People should stop being so defensive about our club(admirable but in denial) and smell the coffee(sh*t) that the people in charge have been brewing for the last few years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If there is any truth to the Papenhuyzen rumours, I, for one, am pretty happy.
He won't come here.

Paps love the melbourne lifestyle and what it brings.

He will repay them for sticking by him through all his injuries its the type of the bloke he is.

Unfortunately none of those of players are anywhere near Parramatta.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gould doesn’t think our ‘aging squad’ is an issue. Reckons that most players at that age are still close to their peak and halves are just approaching it.

Jnr started the year looking fit and moving well. Within 5 weeks he ballooned out and must of gained close to 10kgs.
Consider that he is the leader of our forwards. What the he'll was BA doing accepting this? He should of been dropped based on the weight gain.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Jnr started the year looking fit and moving well. Within 5 weeks he ballooned out and must of gained close to 10kgs.
Consider that he is the leader of our forwards. What the he'll was BA doing accepting this? He should of been dropped based on the weight gain.
BA went woke and refused to fat shame Junz. He was worried about being cancelled.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm wishing that Moses retires from rep footy to focus on a premiership with Parra....he has now won an origin decider in Qld, he has had 2 pretty serious injuries now from origin, a few years ago with the back break and now with the bicep.

I know we get the benefit of him coming back a better player when he's in origin camp but he's nearly 30 and if he wants to be the man responsible for bringing a premiership to Parra then I feel that should be at the expense of origin.
Welcome aboard Mike

90k is a lot to knock back and Origin is the pinnacle.

Manly fans are probably asking the same thing in regards to DCE & Turbo bros missing games

The whole structure of Origin needs to be looked at.

I think there better off blocking out 3 weeks in Mid-June and just play 3 weeks B2B with a 25 man squad.

Gives the clubs a break and once we get back to even teams removes the need for any byes during the year.

Cut the NRL back 22 Rounds is enough to sort out the top 8.

Latest posts