What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Never had an option this year, was still contracted. Option is for 2026.
Which means he is open to offers on 1 Nov. We allowed him to look around earlier and no club is interested. He consequently told the club that he will not be going anywhere and will/has exercised his option for 2026. Do you want to know the source ? It was him. I asked him at a restaurant I regularly have lunch at.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Guymer may have played on the edge, but don't think his future is there. Not sure he is up to playing on the edge defensively

This is what I'm thinking too.
I hope I'm wrong - it would be interesting to see him on an edge and see what he can produce.

One of my bigger hopes for next year is that he can make it as an edge forward - he has that 'hardness' about him that we've lacked on the edge for a while. It'd be great to see him outside Moses, and the physicality on that side of the field with him and Penisini would be great.

Tiger5150

Bench
U can be good, without being scum
Yeah you wouldnt want to besmirch Parra's stellar history of not signing scum.....
images

84 Baby

Referee
One of my guys here went to a charity event with Paulo and Joffa. They said they couldn’t wait for this season to end
I get that I’m not a pro sports player and perhaps there was context, but I’d be disappointed if that’s how they feel. Regardless how my team is travelling, I get shitty when training is called off, let alone the depression I get when I don’t get to play on weekend

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Which means he is open to offers on 1 Nov. We allowed him to look around earlier and no club is interested. He consequently told the club that he will not be going anywhere and will/has exercised his option for 2026. Do you want to know the source ? It was him. I asked him at a restaurant I regularly have lunch at.
TBH, I reckon he is telling you crap and don't believe he has taken up his PO.

Why wouId an apparent "tight" ass, take up his PO, which is generally less than what he is currently getting? Well before he has to make a decision?

It's absolutely stupid, and I doubt his manager wouId even suggest it! He probably has a good 6 to 8 months before he has to take it up. He could be playing good footy next year and getting offers of more then 12 months.

Reckon he is telling you shit!

84 Baby

Referee
Not a dire outcome. He hasn’t been too bad on field. Problem is his impact off field.
I’d be converting him to straight middle rotation player though. His mobility is very poor for someone who once considered himself a 5/8th

Delboy

First Grade
TBH, I reckon he is telling you crap and don't believe he has taken up his PO.

Why wouId an apparent "tight" ass, take up his PO, which is generally less than what he is currently getting? Well before he has to make a decision?

It's absolutely stupid, and I doubt his manager wouId even suggest it! He probably has a good 6 to 8 months before he has to take it up. He could be playing good footy next year and getting offers of more then 12 months.

Reckon he is telling you shit!
Anyone that has spoken or conversed with Matto there is one thing that is always apparent, he doesn’t bullshit. Basically he just answers how it is, even at Parra functions ,, he is a very straight talker so would imagine that’s how he answered .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Underwhelming list outside of Guler maybe. The others are slow, over weight with little to no lateral movement and regularly exposed around the ruck by quicker players..... pretty much what we have now.
If the ruck rules/interpretations stay this fast, it will push the big men out of the game. The powers that be didn’t let it happen after 2001. Will they almost 25 years later?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A zac cini replacement.

We do have to do a fair bit of re signing, upgrading and recruiting for those back of the 30 spots
And there’s always a lot more merkins on the market for those spots, including upgrading merkins on non-top 30 contracts. Tago has been excellent in reserve grade, which is what you want from your backups. He should be in the top 30, so the upgrade makes sense.

Latest posts