What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
1. Muammar Al-Qaddafi
2. Fidel Castro
3. Pol Pot
4. Nicolae Cequsesco
5. Manuel Noriega
6. Josef Stalin
7. Adolf Hitler
8. Genghis Khan
9. Benito Mussolini
10. Idi Amin
11. Augusto Pinochet
12. Robert Mugabe
13. Julius Caesar
But did any of these guys antagonise opposition fans?

84 Baby

Referee
1. Muammar Al-Qaddafi
2. Fidel Castro
3. Pol Pot
4. Nicolae Cequsesco
5. Manuel Noriega
6. Josef Stalin
7. Adolf Hitler
8. Genghis Khan
9. Benito Mussolini
10. Idi Amin
11. Augusto Pinochet
12. Robert Mugabe
13. Julius Caesar
Just from general vibe I’d go:
1. Castro
2. Pinochet
3. Pot
4. Mussolini
5. Noriega
6. Stalin
7. Hitler
8. Al-Gaddafi
9. Caesar
10. Amin
11. Cequsesco
12. Khan
13. Mugabe

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Teams keep giving him opportunities?

How many clubs has he played NRL for? One. Tigers signed him as a quick Aus Schoolboy rep. Tried him out and dropped him because his defence was disgraceful and let him go.

How many clubs have ever signed him? 2. Parra signed him, played him in cup and have never put him in firsts because his defence is poo.

you make him out to be Arana Taumata
Cronulla also gave him a shot despite having seen his defence. Just like us, do you think they weren't aware of his defence before they offered him a trial? The thing they couldn't see until he rocked up at pre-season training was his attitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wow....hot take. Polynesians are expected to discipline their families with violence? Have you ever hung out with polynesian families or just watched Once Were Warriors a few times?

Slamming a woman to the ground and slamming her into a door, leaving her bleeding and bruised doesnt mean he is a bad person? Because he is polynesian? Soft bigotry of low expectations much?

Bashing a woman until she is bruised and bleeding and failing drug tests doesnt make you a bad person, but upsetting opposition fans does according to Pou....noted.
"Globally, 1 in 3 women experience some form of violence in their lifetime, whereas in the Pacific, that number increase to 2 out of 3."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Tiger5150

Bench
Cronulla also gave him a shot despite having seen his defence. Just like us, do you think they weren't aware of his defence before they offered him a trial? The thing they couldn't see until he rocked up at pre-season training was his attitude.

he never even played a NSW cup game for Cronulla. So what Cronulla worked out in less than three months, its taken Parra 3 years to work out? Did Parra sign him to Top 30?

you have spent 3 years raving about what an attacking weapon Cini is. You reckon if he was a good defender he would be staying?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he never even played a NSW cup game for Cronulla. So what Cronulla worked out in less than three months, its taken Parra 3 years to work out? Did Parra sign him to Top 30?
Yes we signed him to a long deal with top 30 in the final year. No doubt we figured out his attitude early on or he would've played first grade by now. He has been carving up in reserve grade. Certainly outplaying the likes of Lorenzo Mulitalo, in both attack and defence.
you have spent 3 years raving about what an attacking weapon Cini is. You reckon if he was a good defender he would be staying?
If he was an especially bad defender do you think he would've been signed in the first place? In reserve grade he tackles at over 85% in the centres.

Tiger5150

Bench
"Globally, 1 in 3 women experience some form of violence in their lifetime, whereas in the Pacific, that number increase to 2 out of 3."

What a disgusting bigoted bit of cherrypicking. You actually said in his culture (Samoan) it is expected to discipline their families with violence. No cherrypicked UN statement can justify that. Samoan men are not expected to be violent to women and to suggest so is flat out racist.

"Violence against women is an epidemic in Australia. In 2022-23, one woman was killed every eleven days by an intimate partner." As an Australian man, am I expected to discipline my family with violence?

To suggest Auva'a is not a "bad man" after leaving his partner bruised and bleeding after throwing her to the ground and bashing her against a door, because he is Samoan is a disgusting and frankly racist assertion. That Samoans are not bad if they bash their women because of culture is madness and a disgusting generalisation. Walk up to Kelma and tell him that you expect that he will bash his wife to discipline her and that you wont judge him for it. I'd pay to watch how that pans out.

Auva'a lived in NZ from primary school age and then was raised in Australia since a teenager.

Read the court reports. Auva'a doesnt even raise his culture as an excuse......he was blind drunk.

Of all the bullshit you have dreamed up here, this is the most disgusting and shocking.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
It is literally legal in some parts of the world you virtue signaling dope. In some places it is only technically illegal because they want foreign aid from more civilised countries. This is why Chinese foreign aid is so attractive: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12116-023-09381-4
"In some parts of the world" you deflective merkin.

Is it legal in Samoa?

Tiger5150

Bench
My 11 year old daughter bullies me, so no, it's not part of my culture. I think DV is abhorrent, but I recognise it is due to my Western cultural upbringing. I certainly won't be claiming my culture is better than less technologically developed cultures that are less able to benefit from gender equality.
Like NZ and Australia? Auva'a lived in NZ and Aus since he was in primary school. Ive lived and worked in polynesia. They are NOT expected to bash their wives you bigot. In all the polynesian cultures Ive been involved in the women are held in the highest regard. It is usually the eldest women who are the most revered and many of the communities are matriarchal.

In polynesian cultures family is a much stronger and bigger unit than Australian or "western" cultures. in my experience if a man bashed his wife in a polynesia village, the police would be least of his worries compared to his wifes family.

Last edited: