What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gee whiz sounds like there is more people BA had a falling out with then he actually got on with.

Outside of the Ball boys, Murph, Jake, Boods & Gutho

Did anyone actually like BA.

I think a couple of the players LOVED him, and still do. Unfortunately one was squeezed out of the club last year, and another bailed this year....

I assume those 2 will love him no matter what!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gee whiz sounds like there is more people BA had a falling out with then he actually got on with.

Outside of the Ball boys, Murph, Jake, Boods & Gutho

Did anyone actually like BA.

to be fair, there weren't many players who left because they hated him...I'm sure he was well loved by most people he was involved with but like any personality you can't please everyone.

Avenger

Immortal
to be fair, there weren't many players who left because they hated him...I'm sure he was well loved by most people he was involved with but like any personality you can't please everyone.
No matter how shit Barrett is or perceived to be but under his coaching the team has improved with 50% less quality and no regular 50 plus floggings. This occurred regularly with Arthur and from memory he never won more than 5 in a row.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It doesn't really indicate much to me.

It shows he has been playing in a team that is sitting just outside the top 4.

Would he be able to make those same meters at another club?

Let's see how he goes in 2025 on a wing for us that will be the best judge
A winger doesn't average 19 runs a game no matter what side they are in, if they don't get involved with rucking it out consistently.....

And his 2023 stats when dogs were going poorly also show his involvement - 13 runs / 131 m / 4.3 tb. It was his rookie year, and while he was making more metres per run.

He will be a good addition. Definitely what we need, potential, goes ok, gives us more depth.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hate BA, love BA, rate him, don't rate , I doubt he gets where he is, from country coach to NRL coach, if he was a dick........

Gee the storm recruited him, and promoted him from development, 20's coach, NRL assistant........doubt they do, if he put people out....

However Any nrl coach is going to have some players not like them, it's a ruthless business, tough decisions are made.....gee plenty have put shit on Bennett over the years, Smith....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
"Certain people" or Brad?

Given some of the "certain people" we have had involved at the club during those times it makes for a large and interesting list given the vested interest so many had.
It’s not like a certain coach didn’t have a vested interest with two sons coming through the juniors ranks……..

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hate BA, love BA, rate him, don't rate , I doubt he gets where he is, from country coach to NRL coach, if he was a dick........

Gee the storm recruited him, and promoted him from development, 20's coach, NRL assistant........doubt they do, if he put people out....

However Any nrl coach is going to have some players not like them, it's a ruthless business, tough decisions are made.....gee plenty have put shit on Bennett over the years, Smith....
I dont recall many players bagging Bennett.

He cops it more from the journos in Sydney with an axe to grind then ex players.

Gordon Tallis is the only one that does it and i think he uses it to get more media gigs. He never forgave him for 2004 semi final in Townsville.

EppingEel

Juniors
If we sign Wilson, there is no guarantee that he will start for us right? I think our backline will end up looking like:
1. Iongi
2. Lomax
3. Penisini
4. Gutho
5. Simonssen

With Russell and Wilson as backups.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ok. What I can tell you is that I personally know three people that have worked with BA. All 3 left because of him. One will be coming back. All are not fans and have indicated that this mess mostly rests with him. It’s just a shame it took our club 11 years to work it out. I’ve tried to talk to him once, all I can say is that he’s a strange cat and about as articulate as a scaffolder.

I have been working for 35 plus years now and I have learnt a few things in that time. particularly when a person or persons leave on not so amicable a footing and that is there are three sides to a story. Theirs, yours and the truth and very rarely is anyone not the hero in their own story.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I dont recall many players bagging Bennett.

He cops it more from the journos in Sydney with an axe to grind then ex players.

Gordon Tallis is the only one that does it and i think he uses it to get more media gigs. He never forgave him for 2004 semi final in Townsville.
Well, I don't recall anyone bagging BA either, except for social media posts ......definitely nothing in media....it's all rumours....but there has always been talk about Bennett and those who had issues with him:

Lockyer https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...d/news-story/227cabf011f5d452a46054c28ae28ef7

Mal

Tallis

Wally

anyhow my point, NRL coaches will always end up with players/staff who had issues with him, it's the business. BA is no different.

Last edited: