What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be fair, though - we came up against a team that would later come to be playing in their fifth consecutive Grand Final, and vying for their fourth consecutive Premiership...

I mean, this Penrith team is something else...

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn't mind if the NRL just wiped that GF from the record books and just say it never existed.

It truly was an awful GF done after 5 mins.
Bruh, losing in the big dance still entitles you to hold your head up high.

Bunch of sad sacks
Was a pretty good preliminary final though
It was absolutely an amazing game. There seems to be an ongoing faction who claim that acknowledging that we did great in 2022 makes you a pathetic BA simp and by adopting a LOL we got smashed attitude justifies some ridiculous insert <I was right all along 7 minutes down the road bald> joke.

No idea why, but merkins lose their way and let forum politics get in the way of just being an Eels supporter.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
To be fair, though - we came up against a team that would later come to be playing in their fifth consecutive Grand Final, and vying for their fourth consecutive Premiership...

I mean, this Penrith team is something else...
Yep....last year they smashed the storm 38 to 4 in a GF qualifier after putting 32 on the warriors in the first week..and in 2022, they smashed South's in the GF qualifier 32 to 12......

Fair enough criticise BA's coaching, but gee the GF result, was hardly a disagrace some are claiming....they smashed several sides during the last 2 final series, including Storm and South's......,they are greatest side of the last 50 years.....

Anyhow it was awesome making the GF.....rather get there then not...

eels_fan

First Grade
Anyone think we may have a genuine concern regarding Moses leaving at the end of 2025? I know he’s contracted until end 26 but we know what that is worth.

we know Moses has a high opinion of Maguire, and vice-versa. Brisbane need a quality directing half with Reynolds leaving, and they have a bucket load of money. All aligns for me.

Similarly, Brown is available for 26 already and Maguire had him as first choice 5/8th for the kiwis

if either of our halves don’t click with ryles, I reckon we lose them to Brisbane

JokerEel

Coach
Anyone think we may have a genuine concern regarding Moses leaving at the end of 2025? I know he’s contracted until end 26 but we know what that is worth.

we know Moses has a high opinion of Maguire, and vice-versa. Brisbane need a quality directing half with Reynolds leaving, and they have a bucket load of money. All aligns for me.

Similarly, Brown is available for 26 already and Maguire had him as first choice 5/8th for the kiwis

if either of our halves don’t click with ryles, I reckon we lose them to Brisbane

Good luck getting him to fit in their cap they would have no where near enough space to fit him in.

Pazza

First Grade

Don't know but given the fact they both have player options, there's no doubt they will both go to market.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Not concerned one bit.

If Drown does go he is replaceable.

Don't get me wrong happy for him to stay an Eel for life

But after 2024 its not like he is a must keep at all costs.

Moses on the other-hand is more important for a number of reasons.

But last time i checked you still have a salary cap.

Walsh & Haas are on 1.1mill
Mam & Carrigan on 800k
Staggs on 700k

Like seriously thats 4.5 million on 5 players already whats the cap going to be in 2026.

Latest posts