What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Strange things happen. Thsi time last year if you said the Roosters would let Michael Jennings go and come to the Eels I don't think many people would have believed that was any chance of happening. If the coming off season is anything like last year then there will be plenty of shuffling.
I think most teams would offload an expensive outside back if they found a cheaper option. Not so with expensive halves, who are much harder to replace.

forward pass

Coach
They don't think much of Widdop on the Dragons forum at all. They want him out - along with the halfback, coach, board and CEO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Widdop is a premiership winner. He would be a good second fiddle to Norman, especially due to his cost.

But like Foran he has played on the left ever since he came into first grade. He would have to play on the right for us, which would at least benefit his kicking game.

Stevie

Bench
Widdop is a pretty decent player I reckon. Saying that he would very much be a stable playmaking partner to Norman, not an x factor player which I don't really mind. I think Norman is an excellent player.
I just don't know how much a problem it'd be to change from the left to right for him.

I reckon the coach has plenty to do with that, he did lead them to the finals last year. I reckon he'd go well with Norman and in our system.

Disagree, both Norman and Widdop are not exactly fast players. I'd think we need a half that can run the ball a bit more with some speed.

Gronk

Staff member
Paul Kent just said on his live blog that Ivan Cleary will coach the Dragons in 2017 with McGregor shifted to his assistant.

Incorrect

Coach
I wonder if his son has a get out clause.

This raises an interesting concept.... What if Nathan Cleary was on the market 2 years from now and he was absolutely killing it... Dad Ivan is coaching some other team who are stretched cap wise and in need of a 7.... With coaches not being subject to a salary cap, what would stop Ivan negotiating a top up to his own income at that club with an agreement with his son that the funds from the top up would make its way to Nathan?

And I hope to hell that Norman is locked up at Parra.... Last thing I want to read is that Norman has a change of heart on the Dragons after being told Cleary will be taking over from Mary next year...

Latest posts