What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is Radradra wasted on the wing? He has more LBAs than Gutherson.
Semi has size, strength, speed and physical gifts that Guth just doesn't have.

Semi is prototype of what a modern winger should be, Guth is not. You honestly just love arguing for arguments sake. Guth was brought he to play centre and Jennings signing pushed him to the wing. Which is where he has offered the least in first grade.

Glenneel

Bench
Who decides what is and isn't a wrestle? The refs? Merkins already can't cope with all the grey areas in the game.
Pou they can't even cope with the black and white areas, like forward passes and what constitutes a put down for a try! And don't get me started on offside penalties, at least 2 bogus calls there against us on Friday.
Haven't read any reviews of the game yet but can guarantee ref blunders probably not even mentioned. Really if Brisbane (and Storm and Roosters) were treated the same there'd be a royal commission and refs demoted. Oh sorry me, Brisbane don't ever et treated like that by refs, there they let 1 metre forward passes go.

Glenneel

Bench
Willis Meehan and Kane Evan will transform our pack.
Saw Willis in a boxing match at 129kg. Looked soft with a lot of puppy fat and not much of a fighter, more a brawler with lots of round arm punches. Will need a fair few games in Wenty imo before become NRL standard (if ever) but a cheap pickup never the less so not much risk I assume. Could turn out a good buy.

gustarny

Juniors
Staggs, what is it with these 'dick' measurement contests you always rave on about. I mean, it sounds as if it's very common in your neck of the woods.

Can you outline the measuring procedure and the judgment protocols and why amatures aren't allowed to compete, as I'm very concerned about yourself, and these contests you are undertaking....8====D-
Chiefy you are absolute proof that you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose.

Glenneel

Bench
Talking of defence, surely BA hasn't taught Moses to defend a thousand times better than he has ever done at Tigers in 2 weeks, could he?
In the first game went pretty well being targeted by Raiders big forwards and yesterday only had I miss, by my count, when pushed off by one of the Burgii and probably 1 ineffective tackle. That's a big improvement. And how good was he in general play. Based on those 2 games, and the improvement in him to come, we got him cheap. Our 2 halves between them probably only cost $1.5m whereas most decent halves going for $1m plus these days.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Talking of defence, surely BA hasn't taught Moses to defend a thousand times better than he has ever done at Tigers in 2 weeks, could he?
In the first game went pretty well being targeted by Raiders big forwards and yesterday only had I miss, by my count, when pushed off by one of the Burgii and probably 1 ineffective tackle. That's a big improvement. And how good was he in general play. Based on those 2 games, and the improvement in him to come, we got him cheap. Our 2 halves between them probably only cost $1.5m whereas most decent halves going for $1m plus these days.

League Live has him missing 6 tackles,no idea how accurate they are. From what i remember from the game he did defend better.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Saw Willis in a boxing match at 129kg. Looked soft with a lot of puppy fat and not much of a fighter, more a brawler with lots of round arm punches. Will need a fair few games in Wenty imo before become NRL standard (if ever) but a cheap pickup never the less so not much risk I assume. Could turn out a good buy.

A full pre-season will be better for his weight loss/fitness levels than 13 x 30 minute stints at Wenty.

lingard

Coach
Don't put your house on that Chiefy.
Period.

I can see BA wanting a non-stop worker to counter what he gets from the others at times.

1. French
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Taka
5. Gutherson
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Pritchard
10. Vave
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown

14. Scott
15. Meehan
16. Edwards
17. Mannah

I reckon by Round 18 barring injuries.

You couldn't possibly be serious about putting Gutherson on the wing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If LBA's are the only criteria by which we select our wingers and centres - then maybe you're right.
I only asked a question and provided a fact. Obviously the fact was right but the question was neither right nor wrong.

And while I think Gutherson would be best (for us) at centre, I also think he would be good on the wing. He is strong under the high ball and his go forward is solid. So part of his game is wasted wherever he plays; his ability under the bomb is wasted at centre, his work rate is wasted at centre and wing, and his defence is wasted at fullback and wing.

Noise

Coach
I only asked a question and provided a fact. Obviously the fact was right but the question was neither right nor wrong.

And while I think Gutherson would be best (for us) at centre, I also think he would be good on the wing. He is strong under the high ball and his go forward is solid. So part of his game is wasted wherever he plays; his ability under the bomb is wasted at centre, his work rate is wasted at centre and wing, and his defence is wasted at fullback and wing.

Then move him to the back row!