What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My favourite thing about yesterdays game, besides the win, is that BA has finally seen the light and put Jennings to the right and Taka to the left. Well over due and hopefully will be permanent while Semi is in the team. Better option too while Bevan is on the wing defensively.
The experts on Ch9 said the same thing.

Incorrect

Coach
We need to meet Peats price i think, looks like Kaysa will be out for a very long time.
The statement put out by the club says he could be ready to start pre-season training with the rest of the squad later this year... so it's not as bad as it could have been as far as knee injuries go. The concern of course is, what is the next thing he's going to rupture, or break or pull or hyperextend or have amputated when he plays his next NRL game? He's one of those players now you just fear is going to hurt himself every time he makes a run or makes a tackle - unfortunately the next injury never seems too far away...

He's approaching Kyle and Chase Stanley levels of injury prone-ness.....

Bazal

Post Whore
Kaysa is way more injury prone than Peats. Club needs to make a hard call IMO, seeya Kaysa.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the kid, but he's a backup quality hooker who misses more games than he plays and is never far away from a season ending injury. What's this, his 3rd? Pec tear, shoulder, knee....all at the age of 23.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The statement put out by the club says he could be ready to start pre-season training with the rest of the squad later this year... so it's not as bad as it could have been as far as knee injuries go. The concern of course is, what is the next thing he's going to rupture, or break or pull or hyperextend or have amputated when he plays his next NRL game? He's one of those players now you just fear is going to hurt himself every time he makes a run or makes a tackle - unfortunately the next injury never seems too far away...

He's approaching Kyle and Chase Stanley levels of injury prone-ness.....
Yeah. Sort of like Peats.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I even argue with shit I agree with. Just because there are pros doesn't mean there aren't cons, and vice versa.

And by cons I mean Mediterranean Descendants, like half of you merkins seem to be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kritchard is off contract next year, meaning he'll be up for renewal (or not) at about the time he comes back from this operation. He is injury prone. Will it keep his price down, or will he do a Peatsy and hold out in denial?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lol. Peats is Cam Smith in terms of fitness compared to Kaysa
You are probably correct. He will also now miss 6 weeks due to Origin just like C Smith. Value for money? I think not. Lets not forget why IDG was contracted initially mid season. Dont get me wrong, I love Peatsy but his style is very similar to Kaysa insomuch as his kamakazi attitude lends itself to injury.

Bazal

Post Whore
Apart from 1 season (2014, where he tore his ACL) Peats' worst turnout is 19 matches due to injury.

2011 he made his debut in Rd 4 and played 20 matches
2012 he played 18, and spent 9 weeks in NSW Cup
2013 he played 17, was a back up to Luke and spent the last month in NSW Cup
2014 he did his ACL and only played 10
2015 he played 19
2016 he played 20

Any merkin can do an ACL. Besides that this last 6 week lay off is his longest. Hardly as "injury prone" as some want to believe.

He is the NSW hooker and as a rep spine player is worth the fking money. Anything else is rubbish IMO.

Swiftstylez

Bench
He is the NSW hooker and as a rep spine player is worth the fking money. Anything else is rubbish IMO.

This is what is known as "black-and-white thinking". Of course everyone else is not "rubbish" otherwise they would not be playing first grade. You can however argue that there are "better options". For instance that argument was used when I advocated for Cronk over Moses in a valid construction of a premise. Please see your course notes for further examples.